SURA 47. Muhammad (the Prophet)
1. Those who reject Allah and hinder [men] from the Path of Allah,- their deeds will Allah render astray [from their mark].
2. But those who believe and work deeds of righteousness, and believe in the [Revelation] sent down to Muhammad – for it is the Truth from their Lord,- He will remove from them their ills and improve their condition.
3. This because those who reject Allah follow vanities, while those who believe follow the Truth from their Lord: Thus does Allah set forth for men their lessons by similitudes.
4. Therefore, when ye meet the Unbelievers [in fight], smite at their necks; At length, when ye have thoroughly subdued them, bind a bond firmly [on them]: thereafter [is the time for] either generosity or ransom: Until the war lays down its burdens. Thus [are ye commanded]: but if it had been Allah’s Will, He could certainly have exacted retribution from them [Himself]; but [He lets you fight] in order to test you, some with others. But those who are slain in the Way of Allah,- He will never let their deeds be lost.
5. Soon will He guide them and improve their condition,
1.This surah is closely associated with obeying Allah (SWT) and obeying the Messenger (SAWS).
2.A message of the surah is that obeying Prophet Muhammad (SAWS) and following his Sunnah are the criteria upon which deeds are either accepted or rejected. Hence, one should reflect on this meaning while reading the surah and wonder about one’s attitude towards Prophet Muhammad’s (SAWS) sunnah, worship and manners.
3. The surah was entitled “Muhammad” to remind Muslims that following Prophet Muhammad (SAWS) is the criterion of the acceptance of their deeds or their rejection. This is because any path other than that of Prophet Muhammad (SAWS) (meaning different from his sunnah) is misguided. Therefore, if you are wondering about the acceptance of your deeds, check your obedience to the Prophet (SAWS) and your following of his sunnah because this is the correct criterion.
4. It seems that the surah addresses the Muslims affirming that any path other than that of Prophet Muhammad (SAWS) is misguided. Imam Ibn Hanbal said, “I studied the Qur’an and I found that obeying the Messenger has been mentioned 33 times”
5. It is a serious rule, which reminds the believers that if they ever refrain from following Prophet Muhammad (SAWS) and obeying his orders, they shall be subject to severe punishment and serious consequences, which is “replacement”. Allah (SWT) will bring forth other people who will be more capable of protecting Allah’s (SWT) religion. The loss here will be enormous.