SURA 46. Ahqaf, or Winding Sand tracts
2. The Revelation of the Book is from Allah the Exalted in Power, Full of Wisdom.
3. We created not the heavens and the earth and all between them but for just ends, and for a Term Appointed: But those who reject Faith turn away from that whereof they are warned.
4. Say: “Do ye see what it is ye invoke besides Allah? Show me what it is they have created on earth, or have they a share in the heavens bring me a book [revealed] before this, or any remnant of knowledge [ye may have], if ye are telling the truth!
5. And who is more astray than one who invokes besides Allah, such as will not
answer him to the Day of Judgment, and who [in fact] are unconscious of their
call [to them]?
1. It features the different responses to the Qur’anic doctrine.
2. There were negative responses such as Aad. They rejected his message strongly,even when they saw Allah’s (SWT) punishment the were arrogant.
3. The Jinns were the example that Allah (SWT) chose for the positive response to His call. Even Jinns believed Musa (AS) and hailed the value of the Qur’an and the role of Muslim generations in preserving it (notice how the integration among the surahs of the Qur’an is quite obtrusive).
4. This proves that only Allah (SWT) bestows guidance and that man has no power in this matter.
5. The surah presents another kind of response, which is obedience to the parents and implications of disobedience to them.
6. Last verse in surat Al-Ahqaf gives the final command of tolerance.