SURA 45. Jathiya, or Bowing the Knee
2. The revelation of the Book is from Allah the Exalted in Power, Full of
3. Verily in the heavens and the earth, are Signs for those who believe.
4. And in the creation of yourselves and the fact that animals are scattered
[through the earth], are Signs for those of assured Faith.
5. And in the alternation of Night and Day, and the fact that Allah sends down
Sustenance from the sky, and revives therewith the earth after its death, and in
the change of the winds,- are Signs for those that are wise.
6. Such are the Signs of Allah, which We rehearse to thee in Truth; then in what
exposition will they believe after [rejecting] Allah and His Signs?
7. Woe to each sinful dealer in Falsehoods:
8. He hears the Signs of Allah rehearsed to him, yet is obstinate and lofty, as
if he had not heard them: then announce to him a Penalty Grievous!
9. And when he learns something of Our Signs, he takes them in jest: for such
there will be a humiliating Penalty.
10. In front of them is Hell: and of no profit to them is anything they may have
earned, nor any protectors they may have taken to themselves besides Allah: for
them is a tremendous Penalty.
1. Surat Al-Jathiyah addresses the Muslims who shoulder the Trust of Allah (SWT) and hold the Qur’an in their hearts. The surah warns them against arrogance and conceit.
2. The arrogant usually cannot preserve the message and loses sight of the truth.
3. This is why the surah is called Al-Jathiyah (bowing the knee) to remind us about the arrogant nations who were deceived by their power and authority. This surah describes to us the humility that awaits them in the Hereafter
source: Amr Khaled