SURA 44. Dukhan, or Smoke (or Mist)
2. By the Book that makes things clear;-
3. We sent it down during a Blessed Night: for We [ever] wish to warn [against
4. In the [Night] is made distinct every affair of wisdom,
5. By command, from Our Presence. For We [ever] send [revelations],
6. As Mercy from thy Lord: for He hears and knows [all things];
7. The Lord of the heavens and the earth and all between them, if ye [but] have
an assured faith.
8. There is no god but He: It is He Who gives life and gives death,- The Lord
and Cherisher to you and your earliest ancestors.
1. Surah Ad-Dukhan then comes to warn against the allurement of power and high-handedness.
2. Surah Ad-Dukhan, cites another reason Firoun’s downfall, which is his power and high-handedness.
3. Surah describes horrifying image of the torture in the afterlife that will befall those who went astray from the path of Allah (SWT) and were proud of their power and authority in this life.