Surah 32. As-Sajda (The Prostration, Worship, Adoration)
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
1. A. L. M.
2. (This is) the Revelation of the Book in which there is no doubt,- from the Lord of the Worlds.
3. Or do they say, “He has forged it”? Nay, it is the Truth from thy Lord, that thou mayest admonish a people to whom no warner has come before thee: in order that they may receive guidance.
4. It is Allah Who has created the heavens and the earth, and all between them, in six Days, and is firmly established on the Throne (of Authority): ye have none, besides Him, to protect or intercede (for you): will ye not then receive admonition?
5. He rules (all) affairs from the heavens to the earth: in the end will (all affairs) go up to Him, on a Day, the space whereof will be (as) a thousand years of your reckoning.
6. Such is He, the Knower of all things, hidden and open, the Exalted (in power), the Merciful;-
7. He Who has made everything which He has created most good: He began the creation of man with (nothing more than) clay,
8. And made his progeny from a quintessence of the nature of a fluid despised:
9. But He fashioned him in due proportion, and breathed into him something of His spirit. And He gave you (the faculties of) hearing and sight and feeling (and understanding): little thanks do ye give!
10. And they say: “What! when we lie, hidden and lost, in the earth, shall we indeed be in a Creation renewed? Nay, they deny the Meeting with their Lord.
1. As-Sajdah, whose core idea is : The Prostration. The surah is that of submission to Allah (SWT) and for this reason, the name it is given is the symbol of submission and resignation to the will of Allah (SWT): Prostration.
2. Due to the fact that it is a surah of submission the mention of death appears so that the heedless may wake up from their oblivion and submit to Allah (SWT).
3. If you feel lassitude in your worship to Allah (SWT) and wish to increase your vivacity and renew your submission to Him, do read surat As-Sajdah and ask Allah (SWT) to aid you in that respect.
source: Amr Khaled