In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
1. Alif Laam Meem
2. Allah. There is no god but He,-the Living, the Self-Subsisting, Eternal.
3. It is He Who sent down to thee (step by step), in truth, the Book, confirming what went before it; and He sent down the Law (of Moses) and the Gospel (of Jesus) before this, as a guide to mankind, and He sent down the criterion (of judgment between right and wrong).
4. Then those who reject Faith in the Signs of Allah will suffer the severest penalty, and Allah is Exalted in Might, Lord of Retribution.
5. From Allah, verily nothing is hidden on earth or in the heavens. 6. He it is Who shapes you in the wombs as He pleases. There is no god but He, the Exalted in Might, the Wise.
Click here for full Surah Al Imran
The Prophet said, ‘The Quran and those who committed themselves to it will be presented on the day of judgement, preceded by Surah al-Baqara and Surah al-Imran. [Muslim 805]
Abdullah ibn Masud said, ‘What an excellent treasure Surah al Imran is to the pauper when he recites it in prayer during the last part of the night’ [Darimi 3264/A]
The Prophet said, ‘Allah’s most Magnificent name, which when used to implore Him, He responds, is found in three Surahs. Al Baqara, Al Imran and Taha’ [Hakim & Ibn Majah 3856]
The Prophet said to Muadh, ‘Should I not teach you a supplication which, when used to implore Allah, Allah shall pay your debt, even it be as huge as Mount Uhud? He then mentioned them (i.e. Surah al Imran verse 26 & 27)’ [Tabarani in Al Saghir 1/330]
The Prophet(SAW) said “Learn Surat Al-Baqarah, because in learning it there is blessing, in ignoring it there is sorrow, and the sorceresses cannot memorize it.” He kept silent for a while and then said, “Learn Surat Al-Baqarah and Al `Imran because they are two lights and they shade their people on the Day of Resurrection, just as two clouds, two spaces of shade or two lines of (flying) birds. The Quran will meet its companion in the shape of a pale-faced man on the Day of Resurrection when his grave is opened. The Qur’an will ask him, ‘Do you know me’ The man will say, ‘I do not know you.’ The Qur’an will say, ‘I am your companion, the Qur’an, which has brought you thirst during the heat and made you stay up during the night. Every merchant has his certain trade. But, this Day, you are behind all types of trade.’ Kingship will then be given to him in his right hand, eternal life in his left hand and the crown of grace will be placed on his head. His parents will also be granted two garments that the people of this life could never afford. They will say, ‘Why were we granted these garments’ It will be said, ‘Because your son was carrying the Qur’an.’ It will be said (to the reader of the Qur’an), ‘Read and ascend through the levels of Paradise.’ He will go on ascending as long as he recites, whether reciting slowly or quickly.” (Ibn Majah, Muslim)
Surat Al-Imran was revealed in Madinah after surat Al-Anfal. It has 200 ayahs (verses) and falls in order after surat Al-Baqara in the Qur’an.Surat Al-Imran is the sister of surat Al-Baqara.
The first part: The ayahs (1-120) Staying steadfast with the concept of the straight path in facing external influences, through the talk about the People of the Scripture and the dialogue with them, which is the first dialogue between the creeds in the Qur’an. 2) The second part: the ayahs (120-200) Talks about staying steadfast in actions facing internal influences with reference to the battle of Uhud, which is an example of the mistakes that happen and the way to prevent them.
1. Learn and Memorise Surah Al Imran
2. Read the Tafseer or Surah Al Imran
3. Understand Surah Al Imran
4. Learn about Hajj- Journey of a lifetime
6. Learn to be grateful
7. Reflect on the battle of Uhud