2:2 (Y. Ali) This is the Book; in it is guidance sure, without doubt, to those who fear Allah.
2:269 (Y. Ali) He granteth wisdom to whom He pleaseth; and he to whom wisdom is granted receiveth indeed a benefit overflowing; but none will grasp the Message but men of understanding.
47:24 (Y. Ali) Do they not then earnestly seek to understand the Qur’an, or are their hearts locked up by them
38:29 (Y. Ali) (Here is) a Book which We have sent down unto thee, full of blessings, that they may mediate on its Signs, and that men of understanding may receive admonition
44:58 (Y. Ali) Verily, We have made this (Qur’an) easy, in thy tongue, in order that they may give heed.
7:52 (Y. Ali) For We had certainly sent unto them a Book, based on knowledge, which We explained in detail,- a guide and a mercy to all who believe.
Prophet (sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam) summarised this Religion with his statement: “The Religion is naseehah (sincerity)!” So then Tameem ibn Aws, may Allah be pleased with him, then said, “We asked, ‘To whom?’” He said: “To Allah, HIS BOOK, His Messenger, the leaders of the people, and their common folk.” [Muslim]
Prophet (sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam) said: “Read the Qur’an, for verily it will come on the Day of Standing as an intercessor for its companions.” [Muslim]
The Prophet said: “The Qur’an is an intercessor, something given permission to intercede, and it is rightfully believed in. Whoever puts it in front of him, it will lead him to Paradise; whoever puts it behind him, it will steer him to the Hellfire.” [An authentic hadith found in At-Tabaraanee, on the authority of ‘Abdullaah ibn Mas’ood]
‘Uthmaan, may Allah be pleased with him, said that the Prophet (sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam) said: “The best of you are the ones who learn the Qur’an and teach it to others” [Al-Bukhari]
The Quran is the Final Revelation from the Creator to humanity. It was revealed to the last Prophet Mohammad and completed over a period of 23 years. These 23 years of revelation resulted in a book which comprised of 114 chapters and some 6000 verses. This book is the message of your Creator that serves as the primary source of regulation for the life of mankind. Those who frequently read the Holy Qur’an can attest to the fact that it is an unending source of information and a bottomless well of fresh knowledge and guidance.
1. Don’t just read the Quran. Open your heart and mind to it.
2. Learn to live the quran
3. Love the quran
4. Remember you are not just reading a book you are interacting with Allah.
- 5. Initially dedicate 5 minutes a day to the Quran and increase the time gradually
- 6.Don’t just read the Qur’an. Take the time to understand what you have read.
- 7. Reflect and ponder on the verses you read.
- 8. Find a good tafseer book to help you understand what Allah is trying to tell you.
- 9. The Quran in Allah’s words to you. Understanding means also listening.
- 10. Learn Arabic to help you understand what is being said when you read.
- 11. Find a mentor to help you and guide you on your journey to understand the quran.
- 12. Visit Understand the Quran – the easy way to help you be guided on the straight path.