4:8 (Y. Ali) But if at the time of division other relatives, or orphans or poor, are present, feed them out of the (property), and speak to them words of kindness and justice.
76:8-9 (Y. Ali) And they feed, for the love of Allah, the indigent, the orphan, and the captive,-(Saying),”We feed you for the sake of Allah alone: no reward do we desire from you, nor thanks.
89:18 (Y. Ali) Nor do ye encourage one another to feed the poor!
Narrated Abdullah bin ‘Amr: A man asked the Prophet , “What sort of deeds or (what qualities of) Islam are good?” The Prophet replied, ‘To feed (the poor) and greet those whom you know and those whom you do not Know Bukhari 1:2:11
Feed the poor – Bilal Dawah
1. If there is poor people in your family feed them first.
2. Find out if any of your neighbours need assistance regarding meals and help them out discreetly.
3. Find other poor people in you community and donate food items to them.
4. Find a local charity organisation and donate money to them to feed the poor and hungry.
5. Volunteer in local homeless shelter and soup kitchen
6. Find a poor school in your area and make lunch for the students
7. Learn how to make a food garden and teach it to poor people