- 6:99 (Y. Ali) It is He Who sendeth down rain from the skies: with it We produce vegetation of all kinds: from some We produce green (crops), out of which We produce grain, heaped up (at harvest); out of the date-palm and its sheaths (or spathes) (come) clusters of dates hanging low and near: and (then there are) gardens of grapes, and olives, and pomegranates, each similar (in kind) yet different (in variety): when they begin to bear fruit, feast your eyes with the fruit and the ripeness thereof. Behold! in these things there are signs for people who believe
- 55:68-69 In them will be Fruits, and dates and pomegranates. Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
- Anas bin Malik (Radhiyallahu anhu) narrated that Rasulullah(sallallahu alaiyhi wassallam) said, “There is not a pomegranate which does not have a pip from one of the pomegranate of the Garden(of Jannah) in it.”
- Narrated Ali (RA)Rasulullah(sallallahu alaiyhi wassallam) said, “Pomegranate and its rind strengthen digestion(stomach).”
- The Prophet S.A.W. also said: “pomegranate will cleanse you of Satan and evil aspirations for 40 days”
ehowhealth Nutrition Tips : Health Benefits of a Pomegranate
How to peel and Eat (and Enjoy) a Pomegranate?
Eating a pomegranate takes some work because the edible seeds are encased in an inedible white membrane. Here’s the best way to get to them:
- Slice the crown end of the pomegranate off.
- Score the rind in several places around the fruit (from top to bottom).
- Break (or cut) the sections apart.
- Put the sections in a bowl of water.
- Pry the seeds out with your fingers (be careful, the juice will stain clothes permanently).
- Strain the seeds using a colander.
- The seeds can be eaten right away, stored in the refrigerator or even froze
Health benefits of pomegranates
- Pomegranate contains higher level of antioxidants than those of blueberries, cranberries and oranges and even green tea.
- The fruit is eaten around the world to make their skin clear and glowing.
- The anti-inflammatory agent in pomegranate juice significantly reduces arthritic pain.
- Drinking concentrated pomegranate juice may reduce cholesterol.
- Pomegranate juice prevent breast cancer cell from forming.
- The juice destroys breast cancer cells while leaving healthy cells protected.
- The juice may inhibit the development of lung cancer.
- Research show that maternal consumption of pomegranate juice may protect the neonatal brain from damage after injury.
- It may prevent and slow Alzheimer’s disease.
- The juice may prevent dental plaque.
- Pomegranate fruit helps to remove intestinal worms in children.
- Drinking pomegranate juice frequently is extremely beneficial in fighting the hardening of arteries (atherosclerosis).
- Eating pomegranate frequently may reduce the blood vessel damage, it is found to actually reverse the progression of this disease.
- Pomegranate juice can help keep blood platelets from clumping together to form unwanted clots.
- Drinking eight ounces of pomegranate juice daily for three months improved the amount of oxygen getting to the heart muscle of patients with coronary heart disease.
- Studies show that long-term consumption of pomegranate juice may help combat erectile dysfunction.
- The high content of ascorbic acid in this fruit can help prevent and remedy some respiratory problem.
- Pomegranate juice can help increase your appetite.
Source: Health Benefits of Pomegranate