- “And a tree that grows on mount Sinai which provides oil – and enjoyment for those who eat it” (23:20)
- 6:141 (Y. Ali) It is He Who produceth gardens, with trellises and without, and dates, and tilth with produce of all kinds, and olives and pomegranates, similar (in kind) and different (in variety): eat of their fruit in their season, but render the dues that are proper on the day that the harvest is gathered. But waste not by excess: for Allah loveth not the wasters.
- 24:35 (Y. Ali) Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The Parable of His Light is as if there were a Niche and within it a Lamp: the Lamp enclosed in Glass: the glass as it were a brilliant star: Lit from a blessed Tree, an olive, neither of the east nor of the west, whose oil is well-nigh luminous, though fire scarce touched it: Light upon Light! Allah doth guide whom He will to His Light: Allah doth set forth Parables for men: and Allah doth know all things.
- 95:1-8(Y. Ali) By the Fig and the Olive, And the Mount of Sinai, And this City of security, We have indeed created man in the best of moulds, Then do We abase him (to be) the lowest of the low, Except such as believe and do righteous deeds: For they shall have a reward unfailing. Then what can, after this, contradict thee, as to the judgment (to come)? Is not Allah the wisest of judges?
- Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said “Eat olive oil and anoint yourself with it” [at-Tirmidhi].
- Abu Hurairah RadiAllahu Ta’ala anhu narrates that the Prophet stated, “Eat the olive oil and apply it (locally), since there is cure for seventy diseases in it, one of them is Leprosy.”
- Saied al-Ansari narrates that the Prophet said,”Eat the olive oil and massage it over your bodies since it is a blessed tree.” [at-Tirmidhi, ibn Maja]
- The Zaytun oil can also be used on hands, hair and as a base for massage oil.
- Used as a balm, it fortifies the hair
- It keeps the hair shiny and prevents dandruff
- Used as a balm, it fortifies and moisturises the skin, combating dry skin and softening it. It also combats against acne.
- Massaged onto the body, Olives fortify the limbs, combat against inflammation, and sooth away aches and pains from tired muscles and so on.
- Help against wrinkles and delaying the effects of old age.
- Help combat against strokes, heart-disease, High blood pressure, diabetes.
- It aids digestion and strengthens the bowels, as well as the stomach.
- Soothes pain
- Strengthens the body’s immune system
- Drunk, the tea from Olive leaves help against High blood pressure.
- General consumption of Olives, due to their high anti-Oxidant properties and Vitamin E, help to combat against diseases such as cancer (studies in particular show Breast cancer), asthma, arthritis, osteoporosis, premature aging, as well as delaying the effects of aging.