- 47:15 (Y. Ali) (Here is) a Parable of the Garden which the righteous are promised: in it are rivers of water incorruptible; rivers of milk of which the taste never changes; rivers of wine, a joy to those who drink; and rivers of honey pure and clear…
- 16:68-69 (Y. Ali) And thy Lord taught the Bee to build its cells in hills, on trees, and in (men’s) habitations; Then to eat of all the produce (of the earth), and find with skill the spacious paths of its Lord: there issues from within their bodies a drink of varying colours, wherein is healing for men: verily in this is a Sign for those who give thought.
- The Prophet (PBUH) said: ‘Honey is a remedy for every illness and the Qur’an is a remedy for all illness of the mind, therefore I recommend to you both remedies, the Qur’an and honey.’ (Bukhari)
- Narrated Ibn ‘Abbas: (The Prophet said), “Healing is in three things: A gulp of honey, cupping, and branding with fire (cauterizing).” But I forbid my followers to use (cauterization) branding with fire.”(Bukhari)
- Narrated Aisha:The Prophet used to like sweet edible things and honey. (bukhari)
1. Use honey with ginger for respiratory problems. Honey is an excellent medium for transmitting the benefits of herbs such as ginger to the body. It provides instant relief to a person suffering from cough, cold, sore throat, and runny nose. Can treat asthma and indigestion.
2.Use honey and cinnamon. The health benefits of honey and cinnamon include a strong immune system, digestive system, healthy heart, bones, skin, teeth, and hair, weight loss. It also helps in getting relief from itching, and arthritis.
3. Drink honey and milk. The benefits of honey and milk include skin care and stamina development.
Benefits of honey
* Sweetener: Sugar can be substituted with honey in many food and drinks. Honey contains about 69% glucose and fructose enabling it to be used as a sweetener.
* Energy Source: Honey is also used by many as a source of energy as it provides about 64 calories per tablespoon. One tablespoon of sugar will give you about 50 calories. Further the sugars in honey can be easily converted into glucose by even the most sensitive stomachs. Hence it is very easy to digest honey.
* Weight Loss: Though honey has more calories than sugar, honey when consumed with warm water helps in digesting the fat stored in your body. Similarly honey and lemon juice and honey and cinnamon help in reducing weight.
* Improving Athletic Performance: Recent research has shown that honey is an excellent ergogenic aid and helps in boosting the performance of athletes. Honey facilitates in maintaining blood sugar levHoney Beesels, muscle recuperation and glycogen restoration after a workout.
* Source of Vitamins and Minerals: Honey contains a variety of vitamins and minerals. The vitamin and mineral content of honey depends on the type of flowers used for apiculture.
* Antibacterial and Antifungal Properties: Honey has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties and hence it can be used as a natural antiseptic.
* Antioxidants: Honey contains nutraceuticals, which are effective in removing free radicals from our body. As a result, our body immunity is improved.
* Skin Care with Milk and Honey: Milk and honey are often served together as both these ingredients help in getting a smooth soothing skin. Hence consuming milk and honey daily in the morning is a common practice in many countries.
* Wound management: Significant research is being carried out to study the benefits of honey in treating wounds. These have been given below:
* Honey possesses antimicrobial properties.
* It helps in promoting autolytic debridement.
* It deodorizes malodorous wounds.
* It speeds up the healing process by stimulating wound tissues.
* It helps in initiating the healing process in dormant wounds.
* Honey also helps in promoting moist wound healing
Source: organic facts