Narrated Abu Huraira (Radi Allah Anhu): Allah’s Apostle (sal-allahu-alleihi-wasallam) said, “(A believer) who accompanies the funeral procession of a Muslim out of sincere faith and hoping to attain Allah’s reward and remains with it till the funeral prayer is offered and the burial ceremonies are over, he will return with a reward of two Qirats. Each Qirat is like the size of the (Mount) Uhud. He who offers the funeral prayer only and returns before the burial, will return with the reward of one Qirat only [Sahih Bukhari: Volume 1, Book 2, Number 45]
Meshary Alarada – Farshy AlTurab
1. Learn how to perform a muslim burial. Ask the local imam to start classes to teach how muslim burial procedure happens in your area.
2. Have a funeral noticeboard in the masjid or local congregational salah area for announcing the funerals for the day,stating name of deceased, venue of deceased, time of burial and burial site.
3. Ensure your local radio Islamic station or local islamic TV station has a slot where the community can call it and they announce muslim funerals that are happening daily e.g. Radio Islam.
4. Start a website, facebook group, twitter account, local muslim mobile message/sms or email database to send immediate funeral announcements to the community when someone passes away. e.g. Crescent lifestyle
|Who say, when afflicted with calamity: “To Allah We belong, and to Him is our return.”|
|Allatheena itha asabat-hummuseebatun qaloo inna lillahi wa-innailayhi rajiAAoona Sura Al-Baqara, Verse 156.|
6. If you are the person that is going to tell the immediate family and others the news of the deceased passing away please be gentle when doing it.
7. Make talbina for the family and friends of the deceased. It is a broth made out of barley and has soothing properties that the Prophet (SAW) ordered the ladies to make for the family. He also said that “it has relaxation for the heart of the sick person“, it is nutritious and filling, and it warms and soothes the stomach, helping to lessens sorrows and to regain health