SURA 106. Quraish or The Quraish, (Custodians ofthe Kaba)
1. For the covenants [of security and safeguard enjoyed] by the Quraish,
2. Their covenants [covering] journeys by winter and summer,-
3. Let them adore the Lord of this House,
4. Who provides them with food against hunger, and with security against fear
1.This surah discusses a very serious problem: getting used to Allah’s blessings and taking them for granted, to the extent that some people might forget to thank Allah for them.
2. “(It is a great Grace from Allah) for the protection of the Quraysh, (And with all those Allah’s Grace and Protections, We cause) the (Quraysh) caravans to set forth safe in winter and in summer (without any fear).” (TMQ, 106:1-2). They became accustomed to one of the great blessings of Allah; the safe road prepared by Him for their winter and summer journeys. Such blessings should have been answered with gratitude and worshiping Him, “So let them worship (Allah) the Lord of this House (the Ka’ba in Makkah), (He) Who has fed them against hunger, and has made them safe from fear.” (TMQ, 106:3-4)
3. The greatest blessings of Allah and the most basic needs of human beings are food and safety. Surat Quraysh says to those who read the Qur’an, “revive your hearts by remembering the blessings of Allah, and beware not to get used to them, since this distracts the hearts from thanking Allah the Bestower.