SURA 40. Mumin, or The Believer
1. Ha Mim
2. The revelation of this Book is from Allah, Exalted in Power, Full of Knowledge,-
3. Who forgiveth sin, accepteth repentance, is strict in punishment, and hath a long reach [in all things]. there is no god but He: to Him is the final goal.
4. None can dispute about the Signs of Allah but the Unbelievers. Let not, then, their strutting about through the land deceive thee!
5. But [there were people] before them, who denied [the Signs],- the People of Noah, and the Confederates [of Evil] after them; and every People plotted against their prophet, to seize him, and disputed by means of vanities, therewith to condemn the Truth; but it was I that seized them! and how [terrible] was My Requital!
6. Thus was the Decree of thy Lord proved true against the Unbelievers; that truly they are Companions of the Fire!
7. Those who sustain the Throne [of Allah] and those around it Sing Glory and Praise to their Lord; believe in Him; and implore Forgiveness for those who believe: “Our Lord! Thy Reach is over all things, in Mercy and Knowledge. Forgive, then, those who turn in Repentance, and follow Thy Path; and preserve them from the Penalty of the Blazing Fire!
8. “And grant, our Lord! that they enter the Gardens of Eternity, which Thou hast promised to them, and to the righteous among their fathers, their wives, and their posterity! For Thou art [He], the Exalted in Might, Full of Wisdom.
9. “And preserve them from [all] ills; and any whom Thou dost preserve from ills that Day,- on them wilt Thou have bestowed Mercy indeed: and that will be truly [for them] the highest Achievement”.
Surah Mumin/Ghafir (40) ayaat 1-40 (Part 1) – Ibrahim Jibreen
Surah also know as surah Ghafir – the forgiver
1. The main focus of the surah is the importance of Da’wa (missionary activity) and entrusting Allah (SWT) with everything in the course of such mission. But, why should one entrust Allah while performing Da’wa?
2. A person who shoulders the responsibility of Da’wa faces a lot of obstacles and difficulties during his/her mission. Hence, dear Moslem brother/sister, if you choose the path of Da’wa, the path of Allah’s messengers and Prophets, you have to know that it is full of obstacles. You also have to know that you have to leave everything to Allah (SWT), entrusting Him with anything that occurs.
3. Surat Mu’min is among many surahs that encourage people to take the responsibility of the most honorable mission in the world throughout history, i.e. Da’wa. It is the path taken by messengers and Prophets, therefore one must be keen on following it, and even to dedicate one’s life to deliver good and righteousness to people.Yet, this mission is not a difficult one. It does not require persons of genius or scholars to handle it. Thus, you can talk to your colleagues and friends about Islam, and its greatness and mercy. You can even spread useful Islamic tapes or books that help in teaching people the truths about their religion and bring them closer to Allah (SWT). O Muslim sister! You can talk to your girl companions about chastity and shyness with whatever means that reaches their hearts easily. You don’t have to wait for the results, you have to work and leave it to Allah (SWT) who guides whom He (SWT) wants to His right path.
4. The path of Da’wa is hard and full of obstacles and hardships, but all these are mush easier than those faced by Prophet Musa (AS) and the believer of Firaawn’s house. Hence, if anyone mocks you, insults you, or makes your life hard, you have to resort to Allah (SWT) confiding in him, and keep on the track of Da’wa. The whole Muslim nation is obliged to perform Da’wa,
5. If you need support while preaching and calling people to Allah, besides confiding in Allah and submitting to Him, read the surah of Da’wa and confidence, read surat Mu’min with this intention.