|In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
1. Alif. Laam. Raa. These are the Ayats of Revelation,- of a Qur’an that makes things clear.
2. Again and again will those who disbelieve, wish that they had bowed (to Allah.s will) in Islam.
3. Leave them alone, to enjoy (the good things of this life) and to please themselves: let (false) hope amuse them: soon will knowledge (undeceive them).
4. Never did We destroy a population that had not a term decreed and assigned beforehand.
5. Neither can a people anticipate its term, nor delay it.
6. They say: “O thou to whom the Message is being revealed! truly thou art mad (or possessed)!
7, “Why bringest thou not angels to us if it be that thou hast the Truth?”
8. We send not the angels down except for just cause: if they came (to the ungodly), behold! no respite would they have!
9. We have, without doubt, sent down the Message; and We will assuredly guard it (from corruption).
10. We did send apostles before thee amongst the religious sects of old:
Surat Al-Hijr is a surah that is directed at the callers of Allah (SWT). It is sent to those who love Islam and love to associate themselves with it. It is a surah specifically sent as a spiritual and divine reassurance for those callers whom people ridicule because of their strong understanding of the teachings of their religion. It also comforts the young women who are ridiculed because of their hijab (modest Islamic clothing). It is as if the surah is saying to these people: “Place your trust in Allah (SWT) and do not be overwhelmed by your enemies’ might. Go on in your path of inviting people to Allah’s path and guiding them to Islam.”
The objective of this surah is therefore very clear: Allah (SWT) is the Preserver of His religion and He (SWT) alone will ensure that it is established on this earth. Therefore, do not be overwhelmed by other civilizations and do not take notice of those who insult and doubt your convictions. Instead, focus on your efforts on inviting people to Allah (SWT) and worshipping Him (SWT) alone. It is a comforting and encouraging message to all those who fear for Islam, due to the present trials we are going through.
1. Trust Allah
2. Make Da’wah
Source: Quranic Reflections