Surah 16. An-Nahl (The Bee)
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
1. (Inevitable) cometh (to pass) the Command of Allah. seek ye not then to hasten it: Glory to Him, and far is He above having the partners they ascribe unto Him!
2. He doth send down His angels with inspiration of His Command, to such of His servants as He pleaseth, (saying): “Warn (Man) that there is no god but I: so do your duty unto Me.”
3. He has created the heavens and the earth for just ends: Far is He above having the partners they ascribe to Him!
4. He has created man from a sperm-drop; and behold this same (man) becomes an open disputer!
5. And cattle He has created for you (men): from them ye derive warmth, and numerous benefits, and of their (meat) ye eat.
6. And ye have a sense of pride and beauty in them as ye drive them home in the evening, and as ye lead them forth to pasture in the morning.
7. And they carry your heavy loads to lands that ye could not (otherwise) reach except with souls distressed: for your Lord is indeed Most Kind, Most Merciful,
8. And (He has created) horses, mules, and donkeys, for you to ride and use for show; and He has created (other) things of which ye have no knowledge.
9. And unto Allah leads straight the Way, but there are ways that turn aside: if Allah had willed, He could have guided all of you.
10. It is He who sends down rain from the sky: from it ye drink, and out of it (grows) the vegetation on which ye feed your cattle.
11. With it He produces for you corn, olives, date-palms, grapes and every kind of fruit: verily in this is a sign for those who give thought.
12. He has made subject to you the Night and the Day; the sun and the moon; and the stars are in subjection by His Command: verily in this are Signs for men who are wise.
68-69. And thy Lord taught the Bee to build its cells in hills, on trees, and in (men’s) habitations; Then to eat of all the produce (of the earth), and find with skill the spacious paths of its Lord: there issues from within their bodies a drink of varying colours, wherein is healing for men: verily in this is a Sign for those who give thought.
Click here for full Surah An Nahl
Narrated Aisha:The Prophet used to like sweet edible things and honey. (bukhari)
If one is to sit down and write all the blessings that Allah (SWT) had bestowed on him on a piece of paper then reads surat An-Nahl, one would find all those blessings mentioned in the surah. Likewise, if one would read the surah, then writes down all the blessings that he/she comes across in it, one would find out that they have encompassed all that could possibly be imagined.
It is indeed “The surah of Blessings”. It calls upon the reader’s attention to the blessings of Allah (SWT) that permeate the universe; beginning with the basic blessings, such as life necessities, to the inconceivable and disguised blessings that people usually forget, take for granted, or are even unaware of.
1. Be grateful
2. Use honey
source: Quranic reflections