2:186 (Y. Ali) When My servants ask thee concerning Me, I am indeed close (to them): I listen to the prayer of every supplicant when he calleth on Me: Let them also, with a will, Listen to My call, and believe in Me: That they may walk in the right way.
40:60 (Y. Ali) And your Lord says: “Call on Me; I will answer your (Prayer): but those who are too arrogant to serve Me will surely find themselves in Hell – in humiliation!”
7:55 (Y.Ali) Call on your Lord with humility and in private: for Allah loveth not those who trespass beyond bounds.
Topics discussed in this Verse:
[Allah:call upon Him] [Allah’s mercy] [Earth:mischief (corruption) in] [Fear of Allah]
7:56 (Y. Ali) Do no mischief on the earth, after it hath been set in order, but call on Him with fear and longing (in your hearts): for the Mercy of Allah is (always) near to those who do good.
Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “The dua’ of any one of you will be answered so long as he does not seek to hasten it, and does not say, ‘I made dua’ but I had no answer.’” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5865; Muslim, 2735, from the hadeeth of Abu Hurayrah).
Abu Hurayrah, who said: “The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: ‘There is no man who prays to Allah and makes dua’ to Him, and does not receive a response. Either it will be hastened for him in this world, or it will be stored up for him in the Hereafter, so long as he does not pray for something sinful, or to cut the ties of kinship, or seek a speedy response.’ They said, ‘O Messenger of Allah, what does seeking a speedy response mean?’ He said, ‘Saying, “I prayed to my Lord and He did not answer me.”’” (Al-Tirmidhi, 3859; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi, 852
The prophet(SAW) said: Du`a is the weapon of the believer, and the pillar of faith, and the light of the heavens and the earth.
Yasir Qadhi – Dua weapon of believer Part 1
What to do when making du’aa:
- Focus on the du’aa, concentrate on the fact that you’re “talking” to Allah, and make sure that your heart is really into it.
- Supplicate during one of the times of response.
- Have a meek heart, full ofhumbleness, softness, an awareness of our smallness in the Presence of Allah.
- Face the qiblah (direction of the Ka’bah).
- Be in a state of wudhu. –#20 Be in a state of wudhu
- Raise your hands to Allah.
- Start the du’aa with praise to Allah, exalting and glorifying Him, using His most perfect Names and Attributes (al-Asmaa’ al-Husnaa’) –#99 Memorise the 99 names of Allah
- Follow it up with salutations to the Prophet Muhammad (sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam). –#27 Send salutations to the Prophet
- Repent and beg of Allah’s forgiveness for past sins.#23 Make Taubah – Repent
- Finally make your du’aa, being persistent in asking of Him what you wish, calling upon Him in a state of fear and hope.
- Doing good deeds and staying away from sin increaases the chances of duas being accepted.
Some of the Times of Response:
- Tahajud time –#15 Perform Tahajjud/Qiyam Layl
- Time of iftaar
- After performing wudhu’.-#20 Be in a state of wudhu
- When the adhaan is called; between the adhaan and iqaamah#120 Reply to the adhaan
- During the salaah: After takbiratul-Ihraam; during the ruku’; after standing up from ruku’; during the sujuud (the moments when we are closer to Allah than we’ll ever be!); sitting between the two sajdahs, before the end of the salaah – i.e. after you’ve finished the tashahhud and before the tasleem.
- After the salaah. –#123 Remember Allah after salaah
- When it rains
- Ramadan – #96 Fast in the month of Ramadaan
- Lailatul Qadr –#21 Search for the Night of Decree – Laylatul Qadr
- night of Eid –#29 Celebrate Eid
- Before drinking zam zam – #79 Drink Zam Zam
- on the day of Arafat –#70 Be present in Arafat on 9th Zil Hajj
Whoever asks something from Allah, his du`a is always heard and answered. Sometimes it is not answered in the way the supplicant expects. No du`a is rejected. Allah is more noble than to tell His servants to ask from Him, and then reject their du`a. Many Ahadith tell us of how Allah always answers the supplicant, and is pleased with Him. A believer who prays and asks from Allah, is guaranteed one of three things:
- Either his du`a is answered immediately
- Or he is given a reward for it for the Hereafter
- Or a difficulty is averted from him