- 2:62 (Y. Ali) ..any who Believe in Allah and the Last Day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord; on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.
- 2:177 (Y. Ali) It is not righteousness that ye turn your faces Towards east or West; but it is righteousness- to Believe in Allah …
- 2:256 (Y. Ali) Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and Believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things.
- 51:56 “I have not created jinn and mankind except to serve Me.”
- 17:23 “Your Lord has decreed that you shall serve none but Him, and show kindness to your parents.”
- 4:36 “Serve Allah and do not associate aught with Him.”
- 18:110 (Y. Ali) Say: “I am but a man like yourselves, (but) the inspiration has come to me, that your Allah is one Allah. whoever expects to meet his Lord, let him work righteousness, and, in the worship of his Lord, admit no one as partner.
- 112:1-4 (Y. Ali) Say: He is Allah, the One and Only; Allah, the Eternal, Absolute; He begetteth not, nor is He begotten; And there is none like unto Him.
- Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri: A man heard another man reciting (in the prayers): ‘Say (O Muhammad): “He is Allah, the One.” (112.1) And he recited it repeatedly. When it was morning, he went to the Prophet and informed him about that as if he considered that the recitation of that Sura by itself was not enough. Allah’s Apostle said, “By Him in Whose Hand my life is, it is equal to one-third of the Quran.” Bukhari 9: 93:471
- Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, “On the Day of Resurrection Allah will hold the whole earth and fold the heaven with His right hand and say, ‘I am the King: where are the kings of the earth?” (Bukhari 9:93:479)
- Narrated Abu Musa: We were with the Prophet on a journey, and whenever we ascended a high place, we used to say, “Allahu Akbar.” The Prophet said, “Don’t trouble yourselves too much! You are not calling a deaf or an absent person, but you are calling One Who Hears, Sees, and is very near.” Then he came to me while I was saying in my heart, “La hawla wala quwwatta illa billah (There is neither might nor power but with Allah).” He said, to me, “O ‘Abdullah bin Qais! Say, ‘La hawla wala quwwata illa billah (There is neither might nor power but with Allah), for it is one of the treasures of Paradise.” Or said, “Shall I tell you of it?” (Bukhari 9:93:484)
1. The meaning of “Tauheed” is to believe that there is no Partner to Allah in His Being and in His Attributes. In other words, how Almighty Allah is, we do not believe that there is another being like Him. If any person believes on the contrary, then his belief would constitute Shirk.
2. Believe in the magnificence of Allah, His Power and Might.
3. Reflect on Quranic ayah, hadith and 99 names that talk about Allah and His Attributes.
3. Have Taqwa – Be God conscious. Know that Allah is watching you all the time. Love Allah for his bounties and fear Allah if you intend doing evil deeds.
4. Obey and worship Allah’s commands.
5. Stay away from what Allah has forbidden for us.
Muslims should have the belief about Allah:
1. Allah the Most Exalted is One.
2. None is worthy of worship and devotion except Allah.
3. There is no partner of Allah.
4. He Knows everything; nothing is hidden from Him
5. He is All Powerful and Mighty.
6. It is He who created the earth, the sky, the moon, the sun, the stars, the angels, human beings, genies and the entire universe.
7. He gives life and death. In other words, life and death of all creatures take place by His command.
8. He feeds all His creation.
9 He does not eat, drink, or sleep.
10. He is Self-existent from eternity and will last till eternity.
11. No one has created Him.
12. He has no father, no son, no daughter, no wife, or other relations. He is above all such relationships.
13. All depend on Him. He does not depend on anyone, and He has no needs.
14. He is Peerless. There is nothing like Him. Nothing resembles Him.
15. He is free from all imperfections.
16. Unlike His creatures, He does not have hands, legs, nose, ears, face and shape.
17. After creating the angels He has appointed them to carry out specific tasks, and to manage the affairs of the universe.
18. He sent messengers for the guidance of His creatures; to teach people how to follow the true religion, do good deeds, and forbid them from the evil things.
Source: Essentials of faith