- 2:30 (Y. Ali) Behold, thy Lord said to the angels: “I will create a vicegerent on earth.” They said: “Wilt Thou place therein one who will make mischief therein and shed blood?- whilst we do celebrate Thy praises and glorify Thy holy (name)?” He said: “I know what ye know not.
- 2:177 (Y. Ali) It is not righteousness that ye turn your faces Towards east or West; but it is righteousness- to believe in Allah and the Last Day, and the angels…
- 2:285 (Y. Ali) The Messenger believeth in what hath been revealed to him from his Lord, as do the men of faith. Each one (of them) believeth in Allah, His angels…
- 4:136 (Y. Ali) O ye who believe! believe in Allah and His Messenger, and the scripture which He hath sent to His Messenger and the scripture which He sent to those before (him). Any who denieth Allah, His angels, His Books, His Messenger., and the Day of Judgment, hath gone far, far astray.
- 6:158 (Y. Ali) Are they waiting to see if the angels come to them, or thy Lord (Himself), or certain of the signs of thy Lord! the day that certain of the signs of thy Lord do come, no good will it do to a soul to believe in them then if it believed not before nor earned righteousness through its faith. Say: “Wait ye: we too are waiting.”
- 33:43 (Y. Ali) He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the believers
- 2:98 (Y. Ali) Whoever is an enemy to Allah and His angels and apostles, to Gabriel and Michael,- Lo! Allah is an enemy to those who reject Faith.
- 6:61 (Y. Ali) He is the irresistible, (watching) from above over His worshippers, and He sets guardians over you. At length, when death approaches one of you, Our angels take his soul, and they never fail in their duty.
- Narrated Abu Huraira: One day while the Prophet was sitting in the company of some people, (The angel) Gabriel came and asked, “What is faith?” Allah’s Apostle replied, ‘Faith is to believe in Allah, His angels, (the) meeting with Him, His Apostles, and to believe in Resurrection.” Bukhari 1:2:47
- Narrated Abu Huraira: Prophet said, “If anyone of you stands for prayer, he should not spit in front of him because in prayer he is speaking in private to Allah and he should not spit on his right as there is an angel, but he can spit either on his left or under his left foot and bury it (i.e. expectoration).” Bukhari 1:8:408
- Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah’s Apostle said, “The angels keep on asking Allah’s forgiveness for anyone of you, as long as he is at his Mu,salla (praying place) and he does not pass wind (Hadath). They say, ‘O Allah! Forgive him, O Allah! be Merciful to him.” Bukhari 1:8:436
- Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah’s Apostle said, “angels come to you in succession by night and day and all of them get together at the time of the Fajr and ‘Asr prayers. Those who have passed the night with you (or stayed with you) ascend (to the Heaven) and Allah asks them, though He knows everything about you, well, “In what state did you leave my slaves?” The angels reply: “When we left them they were praying and when we reached them, they were praying.” Bukhari 1:10:530
Angels in Islam
1. Angels are a creation of Allah, the Almighty, created from light (NUR).
2. They are invisible to us.
3. They are neither male nor female.
4. They do not disobey Allah and do not commit acts of sin. 5. They are always busy in doing their task, assigned to them by Allah.
6. The angels are many .
7. No one except Allah know their exact number. We, however, know that there are many angels.
8. Four of them are very famous and close to Allah.
The first one of them is Angle Jibra’il (Gabriel) who brought Allah’s Scriptures, Messages, and Commands to the prophets.
The second is Angle Israfil who will blow the trumpet on the Day of Judgement.
The third is Angle Mika’il who is appointed to manage the rains and to deliver livelihood to Allah’s creatures.
The fourth is Angle Izra’il, responsible for ending the life of Allah’s creatures.
9. Be conscious of what you do as angels Kiraam and Katibeen are waiting to record your every move, your every action, your every thought
10. Make extra dhikr after Fajr and Asr as the angels go and report back to Allah what you are doing
11. Be prepared for death when the angel of death – Israeel will be taking your sould.
12. Be prepared to answer the three questions that Munkar and Nakir will ask you in the grave
- Who is your Lord?
- Who is your Prophet?
- What is your religion?
- A righteous believer will respond correctly, saying that their Lord is Allah, that Muhammad is their prophet and that their religion is Islam