2:255 (Y. Ali) Allah. There is no god but He,-the Living, the Self-subsisting, Eternal. No slumber can seize Him nor sleep. His are all things in the heavens and on earth. Who is there can intercede in His presence except as He permitteth? He knoweth what (appeareth to His creatures as) before or after or behind them. Nor shall they compass aught of His knowledge except as He willeth. His Throne doth extend over the heavens and the earth, and He feeleth no fatigue in guarding and preserving them for He is the Most High, the Supreme (in glory).
Ubayy bin Ka‘b (Allah be well pleased with him) narrated that one day, the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) asked “O Ubayy! What is the most excellent verse of the Quran?” Ubayy replied, “Allah and His Messenger know best.” The Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) said, “In your opinion, what is the most excellent verse of the Quran?” Ubayy bin Ka‘b replied, “Allah – There is no god but He”(i.e. Ayat al-Kursi). The Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) placed his hand on his chest and said, “O Ubayy bin Ka‘b! May your knowledge be pleasant for you.”[Sahih Muslim: Fada’il al-Qur’an, under Surat al-Kahf & Ayat al-Kursi. Imam Muslim]
Abu Hurayrah (Allah be well pleased with him) reports that the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) said that whomsoever recites the first verses of Surat al-Mu’minun and then Ayat al-Kursi in the morning, will remain under the protection of Allah Most High until the evening. Similarly, whomsoever reads this during the night, will remain under the protection of Allah Most High until the morning. [al-Jam’ al-Tirmidhi: Tafsir of Surat al-Baqarah, under Ayat al-Kursi. Imam al-Tirmidhi]
Abu Hurayrah (Allah be well pleased with him) reports that the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) said that Ayat al-Kursi is the chief of all verses of the Quran. Anas (Allah be well pleased with him) reports that the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) said that Ayat al-Kursi is equal to a quarter of the Quran. Abu Amamah (Allah be well pleased with him) narrates that the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) said that whomsoever recites Ayat al-Kursi in the night before sleeping, Allah Most High will protect him, his house and the neighbouring houses.[Tafsir al-Mazhari: Under Ayat al-Kursi ]
Abu Dhar (radiAllahu anhu) said; O Messenger of Allah, what is the greatest thing that has been revealed to you?’ He said, Ayat al-Kursi, ‘Allah! La ilaha illa Huwa’ [an-Nasa’i]
It is reported by at-Tabarani that the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said: “The one who recites Ayat al-kursi after the conclusion of an obligatory prayer, he is under the care of Allah until the next prayer commences.” [at-Tabaraani’s At Targheeb wat-Tarheeb (2:435)]
It was narrated that Abu Umamah Al-Bahili (radiAllahu anhu) said: The Messenger of Allah (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said: “Whoever recites Ayat al-Kursi immediately after each prescribed Prayer, there will be nothing standing between him and his entering Paradise except death.”
[an-Nasa’i, Ibn Hibban, ibn Sunni, at-Tabarani, ibn Hibban – Sahih]
The Prophet (S) also said: ‘When you are about to sleep recite aayat-ul-kursiyy till the end of the verse for there will remain over you a protection from Allaah and no devil will draw near to you until morning.’ (Hisnul Muslim)
Benefits of the Ayatal Kursi
1. This is the most lofty Ayat of the Qur’aan
2. That is the chief Ayat of the Qur’aan
3. The reader of it is protected from the evil effects of the Jinn from morning until evening and from evening until morning.
4. It is from the threshold of the arsh.
5. It is equal to a quarter of the Qur’aan
6. Whoever recites it after the fard Salaat will be protected until the next Salaat and reciting it constantly was done by the Nabi, Siddique or Martyr and only death is the barrier between the reader and Jannat.
7. Blowing it upon food and drink brings blessings and abundance.
8. It is greater than the skies, earth, Jannah and Jahannam.
9. Whosoever reads it upon entering the home, Satan runs away from there.
10. The reciter, his children, home, wealth, property and the homes of his neighbours are safe.
11. Whosoever reads it together with the last Ayats of Surah Baqarah, Shaitaan does not enter his home for three days.
12. The Jinn cannot open any utensil upon which it is read.
13. In it is the Ism Azam.
14. The thief does not come near it’s reciter.
15. When recited with the last Ayat of Surah Baqarah then the plea of the reciter will not go unattended.
16. When reciting it whilst retiring to one’s sleeping place, one is protected until the morning. Two angels are deputed to protect him.
17. Whosoever recites it after every fard Salaah, will be rewarded with a grateful heart, a remembering tongue, the reward of being martyred in the path of Allaah, and will also be rewarded like the Siddiques.
18. Who reads it and “Inna Rabba bi kum Allaah..” and the last two Quls for a women on delivery, then the delivery becomes easy.
19. When one reads it and blows on his possessions and goods, then Shaitaan will not come near.
20. Whosoever reads Ayatul Kursi and the beginning of Surah Ghafir in the morning then he will be protected and be safe from the morning until the evening and vice versa.
Source: Benefits of ayahtul kursi