“And indeed we have made the Quran easy to memorize.” (Quran 54:17)
Allah’s Messenger Hazrat Muhammad Peace be upon Him) said; “Whoever recites the Holy Quran, learns it and acts according to it, will be given a crown of light to wear on the Day of the Judgement, whose light will be like the sun. His parents will be clothed in two garments that didn’t exist in this worldly life, so they will say, “What has caused us to be clothed (in these garments)?” “It will be said; “your child taking hold of (i.e. memorizing) the Holy Quran has caused this.” (Sunan Abu-Dawud, Book 8, Number 1448)
The Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon Him) said;
“Read, ascend and recite with slow, rhythmic chanting just as you used to recite in the worldly life. For verily, your position (in the Paradise) will be at the place of the last verse that you recite.” (Sunan Abu-Dawud, Book 8, Number 1459)
“Recite the Holy Quran, for verily it will come on the Day of Judgement as an intercessor for those who recited it.” (Muslim, Hadith 1757)
1000. Ibn `Abbas (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, “He who does not memorize any part from the Qur’an he is like the ruined house.” [At-Tirmidhi].
1001. `Abdullah bin `Amr bin Al-`As (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said, “The one who was devoted to the the Qur’an will be told on the Day of Resurrection: `Recite and ascend (in ranks) as you used to recite when you were in the world. Your rank will be at the last Ayah you recite.”’
[Abu Dawud and At-Tirmidhi
1002. Abu Musa Al-Ash`ari (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said, “Read the Qur’an regularly. By the One in Whose Hand Muhammad’s soul is, it escapes from memory faster than a camel does from its tying ropes.”
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim
1003. Ibn `Umar (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said: “The parable of one who knows the Qur’an by heart is as the parable of an owner of hobbled camel. If he remains vigilant, he will retain it; and if he neglects it, it will go away.”
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]
Aisha Radiallahu anha narrates that the prophet of Allah Sallallahu alaihi wasallam once said: “One who is well versed in the Qur’aan will be in the company of those angels who are scribes, noble and righteous, and one who falters in reading the Qur’an, and has to exert hard for learning, gets double the reward.” (Bukhari)
How to memorise the quran.
Secret to memorising quran
1. Dua, supplication (you must always reflect your desire to Allah).
2. Sabr, patience
3. Taqwa, protecting yourself from sin
Tips to memorise the quran
1. You absolutely must have a teacher. Do NOT memorize on your own. You must have a teacher who you respect and whom you fear. Don’t ask ‘how’ to memorize the Qur’an. Ask where you can find the best teacher. The teacher will then guide you on the ‘how’.
2. Distractions. In memorizing the Qur’an, you must free your mind and environment of distractions. Imagine trying to memorize at a football game? Tough, huh? How about a theme park, could you sit down and control yourself to memorize? Probably not. Getting into a Qur’an Hifdh program with a teacher and discipline will assist you in creating the perfect atmosphere for memorization.
3. Memorize through Audio. A lot of people think they are memorizing the ‘look’ of the Mushaf, but actually you are memorizing the ‘sound’ of Ayat. When I review, I record my recitation on CD and listen to it again and again. The students that read the loudest in class are all the strongest students. Why? Because they can hear themselves the most?
When I was in Qur’an school, the boy beside me read so loud. I asked the teacher to ask him to read more quietly. He said a most powerful statement that became my motto: “No, you read louder!” I did and it benefited me unbelievably.
4. Location of the Mushaf. Your eyes follow a specific direction depending on what you are thinking or doing. If you are lying, your eyes go left. If you are remembering something visual, like where you left your keys, your eyes will look upwards.
When you memorize, the direction of memorization is right and left, not downwards. The mistake I see people make is that they put their mushaf low on the ground and then try to memorize. In order to fully harness the power of your mind, you must keep the mushaf at eye level, and not dip your head..
5. Eat brain food. We’ve all heard the advice of uncles that you have to eat Badams (almonds) to improve memory. Well, I’m here to tell you that the uncles were right! The food you eat, the drinks you drink, directly affect your ability to excel in memorization of the Qur’an.
Do not eat fatty, unhealthy food. Do not drink fizzy drinks. Eat a nutritious light breakfast, a nutritious light lunch, with almonds for snacks during the day. Subhan Allah, you will find you accomplish much more in your day.
6. Make everyday a victory. You can move a mountain rock by rock. Enjoy every page you memorize, every Ayah.
Source: Tips to memorise quran
Fareh Abdur Rahman aljazair 3 year old hafiz of the quran