“We have enjoined on man kindness to his parents; in pain did his mother bear him, and in pain did she give him birth” (46:15)
The Prophet Muhammad said, may Allah’s peace and blessings be upon him: Your Heaven lies under the feet of your mother (Ahmad, Nasai).
A man came to the Prophet and said, ‘O Messenger of God! Who among the people is the most worthy of my good companionship? The Prophet said: Your mother. The man said, ‘Then who?’ The Prophet said: Then your mother. The man further asked, ‘Then who?’ The Prophet said: Then your mother. The man asked again, ‘Then who?’ The Prophet said: Then your father. (Bukhari, Muslim).
It is narrated by Asma bint Abu Bakr that during the treaty of Hudaibiyah, her mother, who was then pagan, came to see her from Makkah. Asma informed the Messenger of Allah of her arrival and also that she needed help. He said: Be good to your mother (Bukhari, Muslim)
Ya Ummi with translation – Ahmed Bukhatir
1. Make dua for your mother.
Read this dua often for both parents:
[17:24] And lower for them the wings of humility, and kindness, and say, “My Lord, have mercy on them, for they have raised me from infancy.”
2. Give her some time off from her daily chores. Help her as much as possible.
3. Get to know you mother. Tell her to tell you about her self. Listen to her.
4. Call your mothers daily and try and visit her as much as you can.
5. Take your mom out on a date, just the two of you so you can spend some quality time with her.
6. If your relationship with your mother is estranged, mend it before it is to late.
7.Always remember your mother in law is your spouse’s mother. Treat her with love and respect.
8. Find out what your mother’s interests and support and share in her experiences.
9. Give her a big hug and kiss on the forehead.
10. If she hasn’t been, take her for Hajj or send her on a well deserved all expenses paid holiday.
11. If you mother has passed away – visit her relatives and friends and ask what you can do for them. Give sadaqah jaariya on her behalf, plant a tree, donate a water well, donate towards a masjid, educate an orphan etc.
Consider these two Hadiths (sayings of the Prophet Muhammad peace and blessings be upon him):
- The Messenger of Allah said: When a person dies, his actions come to an end, except for three things: a continuing Sadaqa (charity), knowledge from which benefit is still being derived, and a righteous child who prays for her or him (translated meaning from Muslim).
- Abu Usaid Saidi said: We were once sitting with Rasulullah when a man from the tribe of Salmah came and said to him: O Messenger of Allah! do my parents have rights over me even after they have died? And Rasulullah said: Yes. You must pray to Allah to bless them with His Forgiveness and Mercy, fulfill the promises they made to anyone, and respect their relations and their friends (Abu Dawud and Ibn Majah).
Other Mother nasheed videos
I hated my mum
Sami Yusuf – Mother for subtitle version click here