- “The Believers are but a single Brotherhood.” (49:10)
- “The believing men and women are ‘awliya’ (loyal) to one another.” (9:71)
- Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “None of you is a believer until he loves for his brother (his fellow Muslims) what he loves for himself.” (Sahih Muslim)
- Nu`man bin Bashir (May Allah bepleased with them) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, “The believers in their mutual kindness, compassion and sympathy are just like one body. When one of the limbs suffers, the whole body responds to it with wakefulness and fever”.[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].
- Abu Musa (May Allah bepleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, “The relationship of the believer with another believer is like (the bricks of) a building, each strengthens the other.”
- Abu Hurairah, radiyallahu ‘anhu, reported that the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam, said: “Do not be envious of one another; do not artificially inflate prices against one another; do not hate one another; do not shun one another; and do not undercut one another in business transactions; and be as fellow-brothers and servants of Allah. A Muslim is the brother of a Muslim. He neither oppresses him nor humiliates him nor looks down upon him. Piety is here – and he pointed to his chest three times. It is evil enough for a Muslim to hold his brother Muslim in contempt. All things of a Muslim are inviolable for another Muslim: his blood, his property and his honour.”
- The Prophet, Sall-Allahu alayhi wa sallam, said: “You cannot enter paradise unless you become a total believer and you won’t become a total believer unless you love each other.”
Ahmed Bukhatir – Ya Akhi(o brother)
1. Perform salaah in congregation as it is 27 times more valuable then performing individually.
2. Perform Jumah Salaah in congregation. It can’t be performed alone anyway..
3.Pay your Zakaah it is aimed at your helping a brother in need.
4. Perform your hajj if you can afford it, this will show you muslim brotherhood at a global scale. Muslims from around the world doing the same things at the same time. Unity in diversity at it’s best.
5. Fast in the month of ramadan. It makes you empathise with a brother who has less then you. All muslims around observing the fast together can only strengthen the bond.
6. Don’t be envious or harm your muslim brother in anyway.
7. Be fair in business transactions with a muslim brother especially.If he is indebted to you be merciful and don’t stress him out to repay you.
8. Never mock, humiliate, ridicule or gossip about a muslim brother
9.One should treat others in the same manner that one would like to be treated. Every person loves that he should be treated with respect and honour.
10. When you go to bed at night, don’t harbour any ill feelings towards muslims especially. Forgive and watch how you have a great night sleep.
NB: Always remember when doing a good deed, have the correct intention/niyyah, do it for Allah’s pleasure with sincerity. May all our good deeds be accepted. InshaAllah