- “And be steadfast in prayer and regular in charity: And whatever good you send forth for your souls before you, you shall find it with Allah. for Allah sees Well all that you do.” (Sura Al-Baqarah, ayah # 110)
- “Guard strictly your prayers, especially the Middle Prayer; and stand before Allah in a devout (frame of mind).” (Sura Al-Baqarah, ayah # 238)
- Hadrat Abdullah Ibn Masud (may Allah be pleased with him) said that he enquired of the Prophet (may Allah’s blessings and peace be upon him) what was the best deed in the sight of Allah. The Prophet (may Allah’s blessings and peace be upon him) replied, “To say prescribed prayers at stated hours.” I asked what was the next best. He said, “To be good to parents.” I again asked what deed ranked next. He said, “To do Jihad in the way of Allah.” Ibn Masud (may Allah be pleased with him) says that if he had gone on asking, the Prophet (may Allah’s blessings and peace be upon him) would have told him more. (Bukhari, Muslim)
- Hadrat Abu Huraira (may Allah be pleased with him) said: The Prophet (may Allah’s blessings and peace be upon him) said, “Let anyone tell me; if a stream flows by the house of any person and he baths in it five times a day, whether any dirt will remain on his body.” The companions replied that no dirt would remain in such a case. He said, “So is the case with prescribed prayers. Allah forgives men’s sins (minor) on their account.” (Bukhari, Muslim)
- Hadrat Abdullah bin Amr (may Allah be pleased with him) reported that Allah’s Messenger (may Allah’s blessings and peace be upon him) said: The time of Zuhr prayer remains till the sun declines and the shadow of a man becomes double his length and so long as the Asr prayer does not come, and the time of Asr prayer remains so long as the sun does not become yellow: and the time of Maghrib prayer remains so long as the red hue does not disappear; and the time for Isha prayers remains up to the midnight, and the time for Fajr prayer runs from the appearance of dawn till the sun does not rise, but when the sun rises, keep away from prayer because it rises between two horns of the devil. (Muslim)
1.Find out the salaah time in your area – Download Salaah time free software that gives you times throughout the world.
2. Find a masjid close to you – cr. If you masjid is not listed in this website add it’s details to it.
3. Learn how to perform salaah – Salaah guide
4.Perform salaah with concentration/khushoo
5. Find out the medical benefits of salaah
NB: Always remember when doing a good deed, have the correct intention/niyyah, do it for Allah’s pleasure with sincerity. May all our good deeds be accepted. InshaAllah.