- Allah’s Messenger (Peace be upon him) said, The key to Paradise is prayer
and the key to prayer is cleanliness (Ablution). Tirmidhi
- O you who believe! When you stand up for prayer, (i) wash your face and hands up to the elbows, (ii) and wipe a part of your head and your feet up to the ankles.(5:6)
- Ibn Umar (RA) says that Nabi (SAW) used to say, ‘Whoever performs Wudhu upon Wudhu, he will receive ten rewards.’ (Abu Dawood, Tirmidhi, Ibne Majah)
- Abu Hurairah (RA) narrates that Nabi (SAW) asked, ‘should I not inform you of such an action which if done, Allah will wipe out the sins and will elevate the person in stages? The companions replied, ‘Certainly O Nabi of Allah.’ Nabi (SAW) said, ‘Performing an excellent Wudhu despite of difficulties, ….’ (Muslim)
- Abdullah bin Buraidah narrates from his father (RA) who said, ‘One day Nabi (SAW) awoke and he called Bilal (RA) and asked him, ‘O Bilal why have you succeeded me in Jannah? Certainly I entered Jannah last night and heard your footsteps in front of Me.’ Bilal (RA) said, ‘O Nabi of Allah, whenever I called the Azaan, I performed two Rak’aats of Salaah after it (the Azaan) and whenever I broke my Wudhu, I immediately made a new Wudhu.’ Nabi (SAW) then said, ‘it is because of this.’ (Ibne Khuzaimah)
Step-by-Step Guide to Wudhu
1. It is recommended to be in a state of wudhu always.
2. Always try and make wudhu at home and not in the masjid.
3. Perform Tahiyatul Wudhu – After completion of wudhu, the performance of two rakaahs is full of blessings. It is related in the hadith, that the performing of two rakaah Tahiyatul wudhu salaah makes paradise obligatory for the person (Muslim). It should not be performed at the improper times (makrooh times – then the sun rises, when its at Zenith and when it sets).
NB: Always remember when doing a good deed, have the correct intention/niyyah, do it for Allah’s pleasure with sincerity. May all our good deeds be accepted. InshaAllah.