SURA 111. Lahab, or (the Father of) Flame
1. Perish the hands of the Father of Flame! Perish he!
2. No profit to him from all his wealth, and all his gains!
3. Burnt soon will he be in a Fire of Blazing Flame!
4. His wife shall carry the [crackling] wood – As fuel!-
5. A twisted rope of palm-leaf fibre round her [own] neck!
Prophet (SAW) uncle, Abu Talib, helped and supported him for many years. But another uncle, Abu Lahab, attacked the Prophet (pbuh) for an even longer time.
This Surah explains how Allah’s curse will be applied to Abu Lahab and his wife Umm Jamil for their evil behavior towards Prophet Muhammad. It also shows the ultimate end of those who stand against Islam and against truth.
Abu Lahab thought his power and wealth would save him in this life and the next. However, even today he is being cursed by every Muslim who recites this Surah.