SURA 52. Tur, or the Mount
1. By the Mount [of Revelation];
2. By a Decree inscribed
3. In a Scroll unfolded;
4. By the much-frequented Fane;
5. By the Canopy Raised High;
6. And by the Ocean filled with Swell;-
7. Verily, the Doom of thy Lord will indeed come to pass;-
8. There is none can avert it;-
9. On the Day when the firmament will be in dreadful commotion.
10. And the mountains will fly hither and thither.
11. Then woe that Day to those that treat [Truth] as Falsehood;-
12. That play [and paddle] in shallow trifles.
13. That Day shall they be thrust down to the Fire of Hell, irresistibly.
14. “This:, it will be said, “Is the Fire,- which ye were wont to deny!
15. “Is this then a fake, or is it ye that do not see?
16. “Burn ye therein: the same is it to you whether ye bear it with patience, or
not: Ye but receive the recompense of your [own] deeds.”
17. As to the Righteous, they will be in Gardens, and in Happiness,-
18. Enjoying the [Bliss] which their Lord hath bestowed on them, and their Lord
shall deliver them from the Penalty of the Fire.
19. [To them will be said:] “Eat and drink ye, with profit and health, because
of your [good] deeds.”
1. surat At-Tur stresses the fact that the destiny of every human being in the hereafter is subject to his deeds and earning in this world;
2. Disbelievers destiny will be the Hell fire
3. The destiny of the believers is described for all their good deeds.
4. This constant contrast held between the two parties throughout the Qur’an has a great impact on the believers’ souls, and it is one of the reasons behind the influence of the Qur’anic ayahs on them. The ayahs then show us why those believers are eventually the winners;
source: Amr Khaled