7:55 (Y. Ali) Call on your Lord with humility and in private: for Allah loveth not those who trespass beyond bounds.
25:63 (Y. Ali) And the servants of ((Allah)) Most Gracious are those who walk on the earth in humility, and when the ignorant address them, they say, “Peace!”;
3:199 (Y. Ali) And there are, certainly, among the People of the Book, those who believe in Allah, in the revelation to you, and in the revelation to them, bowing in humility to Allah. They will not sell the Signs of Allah for a miserable gain! For them is a reward with their Lord, and Allah is swift in account.
6:42 (Y. Ali) Before thee We sent (apostles) to many nations, and We afflicted the nations with suffering and adversity, that they might learn humility.
28:76 (Y. Ali) Qarun was doubtless, of the people of Moses; but he acted insolently towards them: such were the treasures We had bestowed on him that their very keys would have been a burden to a body of strong men, behold, his people said to him: “Exult not, for Allah loveth not those who exult (in riches).
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: “Allah has revealed to me that you must be humble, so that no one oppresses another. ” – Sunan of Abu Dawood
Messenger of Allah (SAW) would sit in the Masjid with his companions and if a stranger or visitor came to the Masjid he wouldn’t know who the Prophet was until he asked, “Which one of you is Muhammad”?
Abu Hurayrah ( RA) narrated that the Prophet (SAW ) said: “…and no one will exercise humility for Allah’s sake, except that Allah will raise him up”. Muslim
1. Having humility you come to truly know Allah’s perfection, His abundant favors upon us and how we are fully dependent upon Him.
2. Having humility, we have to come to know ourselves, where we come from and our numerous weaknesses and shortcomings.”
2. Keep in mind and contemplate at all times the Greatness of Almighty Allah.
3. Reflect on this thought that if Allah detests pride then surely He would hate the mutakabbir (a proud person).
4. And Almighty Allah loves humility and submissiveness, so He would love the humble person.