16:8 (Y. Ali) And (He has created) horses, mules, and donkeys, for you to ride and use for show; and He has created (other) things of which ye have no knowledge.
38:31 (Y. Ali) Behold, there were brought before him, at eventide coursers of the highest breeding, and swift of foot;
100:1-2 (Y. Ali) By the (Steeds) that run, with panting (breath),And strike sparks of fire,
Narrated Abdullah bin ‘Umar:
Allah’s Apostle ordered for a horse race; the trained horses were to run from a place called Al-Hafya’ to Thaniyat Al-Wada’ and the horses which were not trained were to run from Al-Thaniya to the Masjid (mosque of) Bani Zuraiq. The sub narrator added: Ibn Umar was one of those who took part in the race. Bukhari 1:8:412
Narrated Anas: Whenever the Prophet returned from a journey and observed the walls of Medina, he would make his Mount go fast, and if he was on an animal (i.e. a horse), he would make it gallop because of his love for Medina. Bukhari 3:30:110
Narrated Abdullah bin ‘Umar: Allah’s Apostle said, “Good will remain (as a permanent quality) in the foreheads of horses till the Day of Resurrection.” Bukhari 4:52:102
The prophet(SAW) said: “Any action without the remembrance of Allah is either a diversion or heedlessness excepting four acts: Walking from target to target [during archery practice], training a horse, playing with one’s family, and learning to swim.” (Reported by Tabarani.)
Beginning Horse Riding : Understanding Balanced Horse Riding
- Make sure to dress properly for horseback riding.
- Be gentle and respectful with a horse for the best response to your commands.
- Always mount a horse from its left side.
- Check to see which type of reining a horse is trained with before riding it.
- Make sure you are firmly seated in the saddle and your feet are in the stirrups before stopping.
- When you’re learning to ride a horse, expect to fall off at least a few times!