- 8:63 (Y. Ali) And (moreover) He hath put affection between their hearts: not if thou hadst spent all that is in the earth, couldst thou have produced that affection, but Allah hath done it: for He is Exalted in might, Wise.
- 30:21 (Y. Ali) And among His Signs is this, that He created for you mates from among yourselves, that ye may dwell in tranquillity with them, and He has put love and mercy between your (hearts): verily in that are Signs for those who reflect.
- 59:9 (Y. Ali) But those who before them, had homes (in Medina) and had adopted the Faith,- show their affection to such as came to them for refuge, and entertain no desire in their hearts for things given to the (latter), but give them preference over themselves, even though poverty was their (own lot). And those saved from the covetousness of their own souls,- they are the ones that achieve prosperity.
- 59:10 (Y. Ali) And those who came after them say: “Our Lord! Forgive us, and our brethren who came before us into the Faith, and leave not, in our hearts, rancour (or sense of injury) against those who have believed. Our Lord! Thou art indeed Full of Kindness, Most Merciful.”
- 60:7 (Y. Ali) It may be that Allah will grant love (and friendship) between you and those whom ye (now) hold as enemies. For Allah has power (over all things); And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
- Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, “On the Day of Resurrection, Allah, the Exalted, will say: `Where are those who have mutual love for the sake of My Glory? Today I shall shelter them in My Shade when there will be no shade except Mine”.(muslim)
- Anas bin Malik (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said, “There are three qualities whoever has them, will taste the sweetness of Iman: To love Allah and His Messenger (PBUH) more than anyone else; to love a slave (of Allah) only for (the sake of) Allah; and to abhor returning to infidelity after Allah has saved him from it as he would abhor to be thrown into the fire (of Hell)”. (Al-Bukhari and Muslim)
- Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said, “Seven are (the persons) whom Allah will give Shade of His Thrown on the Day when there would be no shade other than His Throne’s Shade: A just ruler; a youth who grew up worshipping Allah; a man whose heart is attached to mosques; two persons who love and meet each other and depart from each other for the sake of Allah; a man whom an extremely beautiful woman seduces (for illicit relation), but he (rejects this offer by saying): `I fear Allah’; a man who gives in charity and conceals it (to such an extent) that the left hand does not know what the right has given; and a person who remembers Allah in solitude and his eyes well up”. (Al-Bukhari and Muslim)
- Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, “By Him in Whose Hand my soul is! You will not enter Jannah until you believe, and you shall not believe until you love one another. May I inform you of something, if you do, you love each other. Promote greeting amongst you (by saying As-salamu `alaikum to one another)”. (Muslim)
- Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said, “A man set out to visit a brother (in Faith) in another town and Allah sent an angel on his way. When the man met the angel, the latter asked him, “Where do you intend to go?” He said, “I intend to visit my brother in this town”. The angel said, “Have you done any favour to him?” He said, “No, I have no desire except to visit him because I love him for the sake of Allah, the Exalted, and Glorious.” Thereupon the angel said, “I am a messenger to you from Allah (to inform you) that Allah loves you as you love him (for His sake)”. (Muslim)
- Al-Bara’ bin `Azib (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said about the Ansar: “Only a believer loves them, and only a hypocrite hates them. Allah loves him who loves them and Allah hates him who hates them”. (Al-Bukhari and Muslim)
- Mu`adh (bin Jabal) (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, “Allah, the Exalted, has said: `For those who love one another for the sake of My Glory, there will be seats of light (on the Day of Resurrection), and they will be envied by the Prophets and martyrs”. (At-Tirmidhi).
- Abu Idris Al-Khaulani (May Allah had mercy upon him) reported: I once entered the mosque in Damascus. I happened to catch sight of a young man who had bright teeth (i.e., he was always seen smiling). A number of people had gathered around him. When they differed over anything they would refer it to him and act upon his advice. I asked who he was and I was told that he was Mu`adh bin Jabal (May Allah be pleased with him) The next day I hastened to the mosque, but found that he had arrived before me and was busy in performing Salat. I waited until he finished, and then went to him from the front, greeted him with Salam and said to him, “By Allah I love you.” He asked, “For the sake of Allah?” I replied, “Yes, for the sake of Allah”. He again asked me, “Is it for Allah’s sake?” I replied, “Yes, it is for Allah’s sake.” Then he took hold of my cloak, drew me to himself and said, “Rejoice,! I heard Messenger of Allah (PBUH) saying, `Allah, the Exalted, says: My love is due to those who love one another for My sake, meet one another for My sake, visit one another for My sake and spend in charity for My sake”.(Malik)
- Abu Karimah Al-Miqdad bin Ma`dikarib (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said, “When a man loves his brother (for Allah sake) let him tell him that he loves him”.(At-Tirmidhi and Abu Dawud).
- Anas bin Malik (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: A man was with the Prophet (PBUH) when another man passed by and the former said: “O Messenger of Allah! I love this man (for Allah’s sake)”. Messenger of Allah (PBUH) asked, “Have you informed him?” He said, “No”. Messenger of Allah (PBUH) then said, “Tell him (that you love him)”. So he went up to the man and said to him, “I love you for the sake of Allah;” and the other replied, “May Allah, for Whose sake you love me, love you.”(Abu Dawud)
Khalid Yasin – Love A Person Only for the Sake Of Allah
1. #1 Smile
3. Dua for expressing Love for one Another
When one brother loves another for the sake of Allah, swt, he should inform him of that by saying,
‘Innee ‘uhibbuka fee-laah. “I love you for the sake of Allah”
His brother’s response should be,
‘ahabbaka-lladhee ‘ahbabtanee lah(u) “May the One for whose sake you love me love you.”
[Abu Dawud. According to al-Albani, this hadith is sahih. See al-Albani, Sahih Sunan Abi Dawood, vol. 3, pl. 965]