- 5:6-7 (Y. Ali) O ye who believe! when ye prepare for prayer, wash your faces, and your hands (and arms) to the elbows; Rub your heads (with water); and (wash) your feet to the ankles. If ye are in a state of ceremonial impurity, bathe your whole body. But if ye are ill, or on a journey, or one of you cometh from offices of nature, or ye have been in contact with women, and ye find no water, then take for yourselves clean sand or earth, and rub therewith your faces and hands, Allah doth not wish to place you in a difficulty, but to make you clean, and to complete his favour to you, that ye may be grateful. And call in remembrance the favour of Allah unto you, and His covenant, which He ratified with you, when ye said: “We hear and we obey”: And fear Allah, for Allah knoweth well the secrets of your hearts.
- Abu Hurairah Radiyallahu ‘anhu narrates that once Nabi Sallallahu ‘alaihi wasallam asked Bilal (Radiyallahu ‘anhu) at Fajr Salat: O Bilal! Tell me that deed of yours which is most hopeful (for reward) after embracing Islam, for I heard your footsteps in front of me in Paradise (in my dream). Bilal (Radiyallahu ‘anhu) replied:I have not done anything extroadinary except that whenever I perform Wudu during the day or night, I Salat (Tahiyatul-Wudu) after that, as much as was written or granted for me.(Bukhari)
- Abu Huraira Radhiallahu ‘anhu narrated that Allah’s Messenger Shalallahu ‘alaihi wa sl.gif said to Bilal Radhiallahu ‘anhu “Tell me about the most hopeful act (i.e one which you deem the most rewarding with Allah) you have done since your acceptance of Islam because I heard the sound of the steps of your shoes in front of me in paradise.” Bilal said : “I do not consider any act more hopeful than that whenever I make ablution (wudoo) at any time of night or day, I offer salah (prayer) for as long as was destined for me to offer.” Narrated by Al-bukhari and Muslim.
how to perform wudu correctly
Tahiyyatul Wudu is nafl optional salaah. Although not compulsory it has great reward.
1. Make intention for 2 rakaat tahayitul wudu
2. Perform 2 rakah nafl optional prayer.
3. However, it should not be offered at those times when nafl salaah is makruh.