- 9:120 (Y. Ali) It was not fitting for the people of medina and the Bedouin Arabs of the neighbourhood, to refuse to follow Allah’s Messenger, nor to prefer their own lives to his: because nothing could they suffer or do, but was reckoned to their credit as a deed of righteousness,- whether they suffered thirst, or fatigue, or hunger, in the cause of Allah, or trod paths to raise the ire of the Unbelievers, or received any injury whatever from an enemy: for Allah suffereth not the reward to be lost of those who do good ;
- 59:9 (Y. Ali) But those who before them, had homes (in medina) and had adopted the Faith,- show their affection to such as came to them for refuge, and entertain no desire in their hearts for things given to the (latter), but give them preference over themselves, even though poverty was their (own lot). And those saved from the covetousness of their own souls,- they are the ones that achieve prosperity.
- Narrated Anas (May Allah be pleased with him), the Prophet (peace be upon him) said, “O Allah! Bestow on Medina twice the blessings You bestowed on Makkah.”(Bukhari, Volume 3, Book 30, Number 109)
- The Prophet(SAW) said: ‘Fasting the month of Ramadan in al-Madina is like the fasting of one thousand months elsewhere, and praying the Jumu`a prayer in al-Madina is like one thousand prayers elsewhere’ [al-Tabarani in al-Kabir].
- Narrated by Anas (May Allah be pleased with him) : The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, ” Medina is a sanctuary from that place to that. Its trees should not be cut and no heresy should be innovated nor any sin should be committed in it, and whoever innovates in it a heresy or commits sins (bad deeds), then he will incur the curse of Allah, the angels, and all the people.” (Bukhari, Volume 3, Book 30, Number 91)
- Narrated Abu Huraira (May Allah be pleased with him): Allah’s Apostle (peace be upon him) said, “I was ordered to migrate to a town which will swallow (conquer) other towns and is called Yathrib and that is Medina , and it turns out (bad) persons as a furnace removes the impurities of iron. (Bukhari, Volume 3, Book 30, Number 95)
- Narrated Abu Huraira (May Allah be pleased with him): If I saw deer grazing in Medina , I would not chase them, for Allah’s Apostle (peace be upon him) said, “( Medina ) is a sanctuary between its two mountains.” (Bukhari, Volume 3, Book 30, Number 97)
- Narrated Abu Huraira (May Allah be pleased with him): Allah’s Apostle (peace be upon him) said, “Verily, Faith returns and goes back to Medina as a snake returns and goes back to its hole (when in danger).” (Bukhari Volume 3, Book 30, Number 100)
- Narrated Sa’d (May Allah be pleased with him): I heard the Prophet (peace be upon him) saying, “None plots against the people of Medina but that he will be dissolved (destroyed) like the salt is dissolved in water.” (Bukhari, Volume 3, Book 30, Number 101)
- Narrated Anas bin Malik (May Allah be pleased with him) the Prophet (peace be upon him) said, “There will be no town which Ad-Dajjal will not enter except Makkah and Medina, and there will be no entrance (road) (of both Makkah and Medina) but the angels will be standing in rows guarding it against him, and then Medina will shake with its inhabitants thrice (i.e. three earth-quakes will take place) and Allah will expel all the non-believers and the hypocrites from it.” (Bukhari, Volume 3, Book 30, Number 105)
- Narrated Anas (May Allah be pleased with him), Whenever the Prophet (Peace be upon him) returned from a journey and observed the walls of Medina , he would make his Mount go fast, and if he was on an animal (i.e. a horse), he would make it gallop because of his love for Medina . (Bukhari, Volume 3, Book 30, Number 110)
- Narrated Zaid bin Aslam from his father (May Allah be pleased with them), Umar (May Allah be pleased with him) said, O Allah! Grant me martyrdom in Your cause, and let my death be in the city of Your Apostle (peace be upon him).” (Bukhari, Volume 3, Book 30, Number 114)
- Narrated Jabir: A bedouin came to the Prophet and gave a pledge of allegiance for embracing Islam. The next day he came with fever and said (to the Prophet ), “Please cancel my pledge (of embracing Islam and of emigrating to Medina).” The Prophet refused (that request) three times and said, “Medina is like a furnace, it expels out the impurities (bad persons) and selects the good ones and makes them perfect.” Bukhari, Volume:3 Book :30 Number :107
- Narrated by Aisha ….Allah’s Apostle then said, “O Allah! Make us love Medina as we love Mecca or even more than that. O Allah! Give blessings in our Sa and our Mudd (measures symbolizing food) and make the climate of Medina suitable for us, and divert its fever towards Aljuhfa.” Aisha added: When we reached Medina, it was the most unhealthy of Allah’s lands, and the valley of Bathan (the valley of Medina) used to flow with impure colored water.(for full hadith click on link) Bukhari Volume:3 Book :30 Number :113
Ta la Al Badru by Zain Bhika, Faiza Malinga and Friends
Do a ziyarat/tour of Madina
1. Perform salaah in Masjid Nabawi and visit the mubarak grave of the Prophet Muhammad(SAW).
2. Masjid Quba . This mosque is the first mosque in the history of Islam. The Holy Prophet (PBUH) himself laid down its foundation stone during his stay there before arriving at Madina Munawarra. The mosque is situated about three kilometers away from Masjid-e-Nabawi. A Hadith states that offering 2 rakats of Nawafil prayer in it is equal in blessings and reward to one Umrah.
3.Masjid-e-Jummah. This mosque is located short of Madina Munawarra city. Holy Prophet (PBUH) offered prayers at that place once he moved from Quba to Madina Munawarra. When he reached the location of Bano-Salam-Bin-Auf tribe on his way to Madina City, the time for Jummah (Friday) prayers came, so first Jummah prayers were held here at that place and afterwards a mosque was constructed at the same spot. It is situated south of Masjid-e-Nabawi.
4.Ruins of Masjid-e-Zarrar. Those Muslims who were having ties with Non-Muslims and Jews of Madina built this mosque and all planning was done here in order to cause harm to the true followers of Islam and Holy Prophet (PBUH). To save Muslims from the harm of such people this mosque was destroyed and burnt on the orders of Holy Prophet (PBUH). The ruins of the mosque are still present for people to see and learn lesson.
5. Bir-Zulhalifa, Abyar-e-Ali. This mosque was built at a point twelve kilometers outside the city of Madina Munawarra declared as Meeqat for pilgrims. Here a well is present which is called Ali’s Well and the place is also called as Abyar-e-Ali. All buses / vehicles going to Makkah stop here and pilgrims change into Ihrams here.
6. Masjid-e-Ghamama. This mosque is situated at a walking distance from Masjid-e-Nabawi, and here Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) offered prayers for rain. Saudi government has made a very beautiful pink wall around the mosque and the wall is well decorated with electric lanterns hanging with date tree planks. It is also called Masjid-e-Eid because the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) and companions used to offer the Eid prayers here.
7. Masjid-e-Abu Bakr. Just 40 yards away from Masjid-e-Ghamama, this small mosque is located. It is believed that first Caliph used to live here and after his house was demolished this mosque was built at the exact same site. TIt is located towards southwest of Masjid-e-Nabawi. It is also believed that this mosque has been built at the same location where first Caliph led few prayers during his tenure as Caliph.
8. Masjid Ali. Ali-mosque is an important mosque situated very near to Masjid-e-Nabawi and it is believed that fourth Caliph Ali used to live there. It is towards west of Masjid-e-Nabawi.
9. Masjid Umar . This mosque is situated near Masjid-eGhamama and is white in color. For information of visitors the mosque is located behind Telephone exchange situated next to Masjid-e-Ghamama.
10. Masjid Bilal . This mosque is situated near the date market, which is adjacent to the shopping market of Masjid-e-Nabai. If time is available one must visit the mosque and offer Nawafil there.
11. Mount Uhud and Graves of Martyrs. After visiting mosques in the close vicinity of Masjid-e-Nabawi our group moved to Uhad Mountain to see the battlefield of second battle of Islamic history and pay our homage to the martyrs of the battle. At Uhad one finds the graves of the martyrs of the Battle and Hamza(RA) (The Uncle of Holy Prophet). All the graves are inside a cemented walled boundary and people can see the graves through windows in the walls.
Here one can also see the complete battlefield of Uhad by standing at the same high point (Now a Small Hill), where Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) deployed the archers before the battle. Since Holy Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) declared this mountain range a friend, therefore people do shop from this place and buy eatable as well. There is a Hadith that Uhad Mountain is one of the doors of Paradise.
In Uhud there are ladies selling leaves that assist ladies who have fertility problems if Allah wills.
There is a small waterway used by Khalid Bin Walid (RA) as a cover while launching counter attack on the Muslims during Uhad battle.
12. Masjid-e-Qiblatain It was here, where the Holy Prophet (PBUH) received revelation in the middle of a prayer to change the direction they were facing from Jerusalem to Masjid Al Haram. The mosque still retains the prayer niche facing Jerusalem; hence the name Qiblatain mosque of the two Qiblas came into origin. It is a bit tricky to face holy Kabba in this mosque for a new comer and one must ask if he or she is in doubt regarding direction of Kabba. In this mosque place for ablution is available and one can easily offer Nawafils after ablution. Separate praying place for the ladies exists in the mosque.
13. Al-Haidery dates packing factory situated in the close vicinity of the mosque. Get your Ajwa dates from here. Ajwa dates are good against illnesses. Here we visited the complete factory and were impressed with different types and qualities of dates being processed and packed in the factory. This factory is the largest factory in the Madina Munawarra and dates produced by the factory are available through out the country.
14. Battle of Trench It is here where Muslim camp for the battle was established. You can visit Masjid-e-Fatah (Victory Mosque) as known as Masjid-e-Al-Ahzab. Here Holy Prophet (PBUH) prayed during the days of Battle of Trench and by the grace of All Mighty Allah victory was bestowed upon Muslims. Besides Masjid-e-Fatah, Masajid-e-Khamsa, these mosques were built at the same locations where the tents of Muslim commanders were pitched for the battle.
As far as trench is concerned it is no more there, after fourteen hundred years it is very difficult to even point out the places where the Muslims dug that trench.
Tala Al badru from the movie the Message
Tala Al Badru Alayna By (Sheikh Meshary Bin Rashid Al-Afasy)