- 62:9 (Y. Ali) O ye who believe! When the call is proclaimed to prayer on friday (the Day of Assembly), hasten earnestly to the Remembrance of Allah, and leave off business (and traffic): That is best for you if ye but knew!
- Prophet (saw) said, “A person who has a bath on Friday, cleanses himself fully, uses oil and perfume; then goes to the mosque early in the afternoon and takes his place quietly without pushing or disturbing people; then he prays (optional prayer as much as he was able to pray); then sits quietly listening to the Khutbah, he will be forgiven his sins between this Jumah and the next Jumah.” (Bukhari)
- Abu Hurairah (ra) narrated that the Messenger of Allah (saw) said, “On Friday the Angels stand oust the door of the masjid and write down the names of the people in the order in which they enter the mosque for Friday prayer. The first group of people who enter the mosque get the reward equivalent to that of sacrificing a camel, the people who enter the mosque after them get the reward equivalent to that of sacrificing a cow. The people who enter the mosque after them get the reward equivalent to that of sacrificing a ram and the people who follow on likewise get this reward of a Chicken, egg and so on there is a gradation of rewards for the people as they enter. The angels keep writing the names of the people as they enter the mosque until the Imam sits down to give Khutbah. Then the angels collect their registers and sit and listen to the Khutbah.” (Bukhari, Muslim).
- It was narrated from Aws ibn Aws that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The best of your days is Friday. On that day Adam (peace be upon him) was created; on that day he died; on that day the Trumpet will be blown and on that day all of creation will swoon. So send a great deal of blessings upon me, for your blessings will be shown to me.” They said, “O Messenger of Allaah, how will our blessings upon you be shown to you when you have turned to dust?” He said, “Allaah has forbidden the earth to consume the bodies of the Prophets, peace be upon them.” (Abu Dawood)
- Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said while talking about the merits of Friday, “There is a time on Friday at which a Muslim, while he (or she) is performing Salat and is supplicating, will be granted whatever he (or she) is supplicating for.” And he (pbuh) pointed with his hand to indicate that this period of time is very short. (Al-Bukhari and Muslim)
- The Prophet (SAW) A person who leaves 3 Friday prayers consecutively, Allah puts a seal on his heart.” (Ahmad, Tirmidhi, abu Dawud).
Sheikh Salah Al Budair – Emotional Khutbah
Friday Prayer is very important in Islam. It has got its own moral, social and political benefits. It is obligatory for every Muslim except women, children, seriously ill people and travelers. They can pray Jumah but it is not obligatory on them.
2. Go early to the masjid
3. Dress well for Salat al-Jumuah – wear your best attire.
4. Perform tahiyyat al-Masjid even if the Imam is performing the khutbah.
5. Walk to the Masjid whenever feasible as there is a reward for every step taken to the Masjid.
6. Avoid stepping over people to get to a particular spot in the Masjid.
7. Avoiding dividing two people who are sitting together. Not making someone stand and taking his place.
8. Do not clasping one’s hands and intertwine one’s fingers while waiting for the prayer.
9. Sit in the front rows and close to the Imam whenever possible.
10. Remain quiet while the Imam is delivering the khutbah. This actually includes listening to the Imam and not playing with anything
while the Imam is speaking.
11. Go to the Masjid in a state of calmness and not being hurried.
12. Reciting surah al-Kahf (surah 18) as an authentic Hadith states: “For whoever recites surah al-Kahf on Friday, it will be alight for him from that Friday to the next.” [Al-Bayahaqi and Al-Hakim] The surah could be read any time of the day.
13. recite lots of durood and salutations to the prophet(SAW)
14. Listen to the khutbah and tell all those that were not present about it.