Narrated Sahl bin Sa’d(Allah be pleased with him): The Prophet(Peace be upon him) said, “I and the person who looks after an orphan and provides for him, will be in Paradise like this,” putting his index and middle fingers together. (Saheeh Al Bukhari ::Book 8 :: Volume 73 :: Hadith 34 )
Orphan child – Zain Bhikha
How to help orphans and widow in your area?
1. Search for an orphanage. Ask you local imam if there is anyone the community that falls under this categories. If no one has a clue, then search for them and start a database of orphans in the area that need help.
2. Volunteer your time. Orphans may be lonely and are looking for friendship, moral support and companionship. (Please remember only visit the same gender. )Start a big brother/sister/buddy programme in your area. e.g. Buddy programme
3. Take an orphan for an outing e.g. a picnic or a visit to the local zoo or let them join you the next time your family goes on a holiday.
3. Donate money to a local organisation that helps orphans . e.g. African Muslim Agency
4. If you can afford it raise an orphan in your home. Islamic stance on raising orphans