SURA 72. Jinn, or the Spirits
1. Say: It has been revealed to me that a company of Jinns listened [to the
Qur’an]. They said, ‘We have really heard a wonderful Recital!
2. ‘It gives guidance to the Right, and we have believed therein: we shall not
join [in worship] any [gods] with our Lord.
3. ‘And Exalted is the Majesty of our Lord: He has taken neither a wife nor a
4. ‘There were some foolish ones among us, who used to utter extravagant lies
5. ‘But we do think that no man or spirit should say aught that untrue against
6. ‘True, there were persons among mankind who took shelter with persons among
the Jinns, but they increased them in folly.
1. This surah introduces us to another group performing Da’wa: the jinn. An extraordinary one indeed! The surah is almost asking you, “Aren’t you jealous of them?” How can the jinn respond to the call and convey it while you are oblivious and totally detached from it?
2. The Jinn challenged the disbelievers among the jinn especially Iblis.
3. They also renounced the evil deeds of the jinn and human alike.
4. There ia a Warning against trying to take refuge in the jinn. Those who do so will be more miserable than they were. Listen, brothers, this warning is from the jinn themselves. They are warning you against taking refuge in them or seeking their help.
source: Amr Khaled