SURA 69. Haqqa, or the Sure Reality
1. The Sure Reality!
2. What is the Sure Reality?
3. And what will make thee realise what the Sure Reality is?
4. The Thamud and the ‘Ad People [branded] as false the Stunning Calamity!
5. But the Thamud,- they were destroyed by a terrible Storm of thunder and
6. And the ‘Ad, they were destroyed by a furious Wind, exceedingly violent;
7. He made it rage against them seven nights and eight days in succession: so
that thou couldst see the [whole] people lying prostrate in its [path], as they
had been roots of hollow palm-trees tumbled down!
8. Then seest thou any of them left surviving?
9. And Pharaoh, and those before him, and the Cities Overthrown, committed
10. And disobeyed [each] the messenger of their Lord; so He punished them with
an abundant Penalty.
11. We, when the water [of Noah’s Flood] overflowed beyond its limits, carried
you [mankind], in the floating [Ark],
12. That We might make it a Message unto you, and that ears [that should hear
the tale and] retain its memory should bear its [lessons] in remembrance.
13. Then, when one blast is sounded on the Trumpet,
14. And the earth is moved, and its mountains, and they are crushed to powder at
15. On that Day shall the [Great] Event come to pass.
16. And the sky will be rent asunder, for it will that Day be flimsy,
17. And the angels will be on its sides, and eight will, that Day, bear the
Throne of thy Lord above them.
18. That Day shall ye be brought to Judgment: not an act of yours that ye hide
will be hidden.
19. Then he that will be given his Record in his right hand will say: “Ah here!
Read ye my Record!
20. “I did really understand that my Account would [One Day] reach me!”
21. And he will be in a life of Bliss,
1. This surah comes to you with a stack of information about how you can call your brothers and sisters, and all the people around you to Islam. Al-Haqqah is one of the names of the Day of Judgment. Reminding people of this day is one of the most important means you can use to soften the hearts of others and awaken them from their slumber. You see in it the horrors of facing The Subduer.
2. The surah then moves swiftly to the destiny everybody will have after the records have been handed out.
3. You can taste the sweet victory and imagine the happiness in this person’s eyes when reading the ayah about receiving the record in the right hand. Why can’t you be like him? Why don’t you tell others to follow the same pattern?
4. On the other hand, we see, the despair of the person that will receive the record in the left hand.
5. Wonderful ayahs! The contrast between the two cases is quite sharp! Note, however, that paradise is mentioned first. The meaning is: entice people first with paradise and then warn them against hell; incentive is far more effective than intimidation.
source: Amr Khaled