SURA 56. Waqia, or The Inevitable Event
1. When the Event inevitable cometh to pass,
2. Then will no [soul] entertain falsehood concerning its coming.
3. [Many] will it bring low; [many] will it exalt;
4. When the earth shall be shaken to its depths,
5. And the mountains shall be crumbled to atoms,
6. Becoming dust scattered abroad,
7. And ye shall be sorted out into three classes.
8. Then [there will be] the Companions of the Right Hand;- What will be the
Companions of the Right Hand?
9. And the Companions of the Left Hand,- what will be the Companions of the Left
10. And those Foremost [in Faith] will be Foremost [in the Hereafter].
11. These will be those Nearest to Allah:
12. In Gardens of Bliss:
Surah Waqiah by Ibrahim Jibreen
1. Surat Al-Waqi’ah clearly aims at giving Muslims the opportunity to choose one of the following categories:
- The forerunners who are considered the nearest to Allah (SWT)
- The people of the Right Hand
- The people of the Left Hand
2. After the surah mentions the fate awaiting each of the three categories, it urges you to contemplate upon Allah’s (SWT) creation and check your inclination and belief then actually make the right choice. This contemplation should cover all the blessings that Allah (SWT) bestows on man and the latter being initially created by Allah (SWT) from a minor sperm.
3. Right before the end, the surah reminds us of death to urge you Muslims to make your choice before you die and leave this world. Allah (SWT) says what can be translated as, “Then why do ye not (intervene) when (the soul of the dying man) reaches the throat. And ye the while (sit) looking on. But We are nearer to him than ye, and yet see not” (TMQ, 56:83- 85). These are very difficult and tough moments, they make you wonder who will be among the nearest people to Allah (SWT) and will not experience such hard moments. Who will be among the people of the Right Hand and whose life will be concluded with suffering? I seek refuge with Allah (SWT) from such a fate.
4. Praise and worship are the greatest help that man can get when choosing the Right Path and adhering to it for as long as he lives, insha Allah (if Allah wills).