Surah 10. Yunus (Jonah) Surah 10. Yunus (Jonah)
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
1. Alif .Laam.Raa. These are the ayats of the Book of Wisdom.
2. Is it a matter of wonderment to men that We have sent Our inspiration to a man from among themselves?- that he should warn mankind (of their danger), and give the good news to the Believers that they have before their Lord the lofty rank of truth. (But) say the Unbelievers: “This is indeed an evident sorcerer!”
3. Verily your Lord is Allah, who created the heavens and the earth in six days, and is firmly established on the throne (of authority), regulating and governing all things. No intercessor (can plead with Him) except after His leave (hath been obtained). This is Allah your Lord; Him therefore serve ye: will ye not receive admonition?
4. To Him will be your return- of all of you. The promise of Allah is true and sure. It is He Who beginneth the process of creation, and repeateth it, that He may reward with justice those who believe and work righteousness; but those who reject Him will have draughts of boiling fluids, and a penalty grievous, because they did reject Him.
5. It is He Who made the sun to be a shining glory and the moon to be a light (of beauty), and measured out stages for her; that ye might know the number of years and the count (of time). Nowise did Allah create this but in truth and righteousness. (Thus) doth He explain His Signs in detail, for those who understand.
6. Verily, in the alternation of the night and the day, and in all that Allah hath created, in the heavens and the earth, are signs for those who fear Him.
7. Those who rest not their hope on their meeting with Us, but are pleased and satisfied with the life of the present, and those who heed not Our Signs,-
8. Their abode is the Fire, because of the (evil) they earned.
9. Those who believe, and work righteousness,- their Lord will guide them because of their faith: beneath them will flow rivers in gardens of bliss.
10. (This will be) their cry therein: “Glory to Thee, O Allah.” And “Peace” will be their greeting therein! and the close of their cry will be: “Praise be to Allah, the Cherisher and Sustainer of the worlds!”
Click here to read the full Surah Yûnus
Sa’d ibn Waqas reported that the Prophet, peace be upon him, said, “The supplication made by the Companion of the Fish (Prophet Yunus) in the belly of the fish was, ‘La ilaha illa anta, subhanaka, inni kuntu minaz-zalimin (there is no god but You, You are far exalted and above all weaknesses, and I was indeed the wrongdoer)’. If any Muslim supplicates in these words, his supplication will be accepted.” In another report we read, “I know words that will cause Allah to remove one’s distress. These are the words (of supplication) of my brother Yunus, peace be upon him,” Source: Tirmidhi
Surat Yunus is a Makkan surah. This surah consists of 109 ayahs.The objective of this surah is the manifestation of the belief in the Divine decree.Sometimes, fate and destiny occur because Allah (SWT) knows how a person will behave after having been delivered from afflictions. Before facing real afflictions, we all go through situations that manifest our attitudes when the crisis is over. One might experience minor problems and makes dua’a (supplication) to Allah (SWT) to be saved. Nevertheless, Allah (SWT) may torment him because He knows how that person will behave if Allah saves him as usual.
Fate and destiny are strictly products of Allah’s wisdom. We may understand this wisdom, and in some cases it is beyond our comprehension. What is really important is that we should never suspect it. We should declare our absolute submission to Allah (SWT) and trust in Him. We should believe that He is the Wise and the All- Knowing Who is never unfair.
3. Have faith