6:141 (Y. Ali) It is He Who produceth gardens, with trellises and without, and dates, and tilth with produce of all kinds, and olives and pomegranates, similar (in kind) and different (in variety): eat of their fruit in their season, but render the dues that are proper on the day that the harvest is gathered. But waste not by excess: for Allah loveth not the wasters.
7:31 (Y. Ali) O Children of Adam! wear your beautiful apparel at every time and place of prayer: eat and drink: But waste not by excess, for Allah loveth not the wasters.
17:26 (Y. Ali) And render to the kindred their due rights, as (also) to those in want, and to the wayfarer: But squander not (your wealth) in the manner of a spendthrift.
17:27 (Y. Ali) Verily spendthrifts are brothers of the Evil Ones; and the Evil One is to his Lord (himself) ungrateful.
Narrated Al-Mughira bin Shu’ba: The Prophet said, “Allah has forbidden for you, (1) to be undutiful to your mothers, (2) to bury your daughters alive, (3) to not to pay the rights of the others (e.g. charity, etc.) and (4) to beg of men (begging). And Allah has hated for you (1) vain, useless talk, or that you talk too much about others, (2) to ask too many questions, (in disputed religious matters) and (3) to waste the wealth (by extravagance).
Stop wasting time
1. Don’t waste food. Buy food that you need. Dish out little at a time. Store leftovers and eat the next day.
3. Time is precious. don’t waste time and have a plan.
4. Go green and save energy.
5. Start a compost heap.
6. Donate old clothes, household items to charity
7. Use technology wisely. If you have a task to do on the computer, do it and don’t waste time surfing and getting distracted by other things.