- 2:2 (Y. Ali) This is the book; in it is guidance sure, without doubt, to those who fear Allah.
- 2:87 (Y. Ali) We gave Moses the book and followed him up with a succession of apostles; We gave Jesus the son of Mary Clear (Signs) and strengthened him with the holy spirit. Is it that whenever there comes to you an apostle with what ye yourselves desire not, ye are puffed up with pride?- Some ye called impostors, and others ye slay!
- 2:177 (Y. Ali) It is not righteousness that ye turn your faces Towards east or West; but it is righteousness- to believe in Allah and the Last Day, and the Angels, and the book….
- 2:285 (Y. Ali) The Messenger believeth in what hath been revealed to him from his Lord, as do the men of faith. Each one (of them) believeth in Allah, His angels, His books….
- 3:3 (Y. Ali) It is He Who sent down to thee (step by step), in truth, the Book, confirming what went before it; and He sent down the Law (of Moses) and the Gospel (of Jesus) before this, as a guide to mankind, and He sent down the criterion (of judgment between right and wrong).
- 4:163 (Y. Ali) We have sent thee inspiration, as We sent it to Noah and the Messengers after him: we sent inspiration to Abraham, Isma’il, Isaac, Jacob and the Tribes, to Jesus, Job, Jonah, Aaron, and solomon, and to David We gave the Psalms.
- 3:7 (Y. Ali) He it is Who has sent down to thee the book: In it are verses basic or fundamental (of established meaning); they are the foundation of the book: others are allegorical. But those in whose hearts is perversity follow the part thereof that is allegorical, seeking discord, and searching for its hidden meanings, but no one knows its hidden meanings except Allah. And those who are firmly grounded in knowledge say: “We believe in the book; the whole of it is from our Lord:” and none will grasp the Message except men of understanding.
- 5:47 (Y. Ali) Let the people of the Gospel judge by what Allah hath revealed therein. If any do fail to judge by (the light of) what Allah hath revealed, they are (no better than) those who rebel.
- 5:48 (Y. Ali) To thee We sent the Scripture in truth, confirming the scripture that came before it, and guarding it in safety: so judge between them by what Allah hath revealed, and follow not their vain desires, diverging from the Truth that hath come to thee. To each among you have we prescribed a law and an open way. If Allah had so willed, He would have made you a single people, but (His plan is) to test you in what He hath given you: so strive as in a race in all virtues. The goal of you all is to Allah. it is He that will show you the truth of the matters in which ye dispute;
- 7:157 (Y. Ali) “Those who follow the apostle, the unlettered Prophet, whom they find mentioned in their own (scriptures),- in the law and the Gospel;- for he commands them what is just and forbids them what is evil; he allows them as lawful what is good (and pure) and prohibits them from what is bad (and impure); He releases them from their heavy burdens and from the yokes that are upon them. So it is those who believe in him, honour him, help him, and follow the light which is sent down with him,- it is they who will prosper
- 21:105 (Y. Ali) Before this We wrote in the Psalms, after the Message (given to Moses): My servants the righteous, shall inherit the earth.”
- 57:27 (Y. Ali) Then, in their wake, We followed them up with (others of) Our apostles: We sent after them Jesus the son of Mary, and bestowed on him the Gospel; and We ordained in the hearts of those who followed him Compassion and Mercy…..
- 48:29 (Y. Ali) Muhammad is the apostle of Allah. and those who are with him are strong against Unbelievers, (but) compassionate amongst each other. Thou wilt see them bow and prostrate themselves (in prayer), seeking Grace from Allah and (His) Good Pleasure. On their faces are their marks, (being) the traces of their prostration. This is their similitude in the Taurat; and their similitude in the Gospel is: like a seed which sends forth its blade, then makes it strong; it then becomes thick, and it stands on its own stem, (filling) the sowers with wonder and delight. As a result, it fills the Unbelievers with rage at them. Allah has promised those among them who believe and do righteous deeds forgiveness, and a great Reward.
- Abu Harairah said: When the Prophet (may peace be upon him) went to his bed, he used to say: O God! Lord of the heavens, Lord of the earth, Lord of everything, Who splittest the grain and the kernel, Who hast sent down the Torah, the Injil and the Qur’an, I seek refuge in Thee from the evil of every evil agent whose forelock thou seizest…(Sunan Abu Dawud, vol. 3, pg. 1403.)
- Narrated Salim bin ‘Abdullah: My father said, “I heard Allah’s Apostle saying, ‘The period of your stay as compared to the previous nations is like the period equal to the time between the ‘Asr prayer and sunset. The people of the Torah were given the Torah and they acted (upon it) till mid-day then they were exhausted and were given one Qirat (of gold) each. And then the people of the gospel were given the gospel and they acted (upon it) till the ‘Asr prayer then they were exhausted and were! given one Qirat each. And then we were given the Qur’an and we acted (upon it) till sunset and we were given two Qirats each. On that the people of both the scriptures said, ‘O our Lord! You have given them two Qirats and given us one Qirat, though we have worked more than they.’ Allah said, ‘Have I usurped some of your right?’ They said, ‘No.’ Allah said: “That is my blessing I bestow upon whomsoever I wish.” Bukhari 1:10:532
- Abu Huraira told that when God’s messenger once asked Ubayy b. Ka’b how he recited in the course of the prayer and he recited Umm al-Qur’an [the first surah of the Koran], he said, “By Him in whose hand my soul is, nothing like it has been sent down in the Torah, the Injil, the Zabur, or the Qur’an, and it is seven of the oft-repeated verses and the mighty Qur’an which I have been given.” (Mishkat Al-Masabih, pg. 454.
Dr Zakir Naik – Prophet Muhammad”pbuh” In Various Religious Scriptures by Dr. Zakir Naik 1/6
The Divine Scriptures (Books of Allah) are big and small. They were revealed to the Prophets. The big ones are called the Books, and the small ones are known as the Scrolls (Sahifas). The four famous Divine Books, and who are the Prophets upon whom these were revealed?
1. The Holy Taurat (Torah) was revealed to Prophet Musa (Moses) (Peace be upon him)
2. The Holy Zabur (Psalms) was revealed to Prophet Da’ud (David) (Peace be upon him).
3. The Holy Injil (The New Testament) was revealed to Prophet Isa (Jesus) (Peace be upon him), and the
4. The Holy Qur’an, was revealed to our Holy Prophet Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him).
The exact number of the Divine Scrolls (Sahifas) is not known. Nevertheless, some of them were revealed to Prophet Adam (Peace be on him), some to Prophet Sheeth (Peace be on him) and some to Prophet Ibrahim (Abraham), peace be on him. Apart from theses there are other Scrolls that were revealed to some other prophets.
Source: Essentials of faith
Ahmed Deedat – Muhammad(SAW) mentioned in the bible