- “Allah and His angels send blessings on the Prophet: O ye that believe! Send ye blessings on him, and salute him with all respect.”[33:56]
- The Prophet(SAW) said: “Allaah has angels who travel about throughout the land, conveying to me the salaams of my ummah.” Narrated by al-Nasaa’i, 1282; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Nasaa’i, 1215.
- The Prophet said, “For one who sends blessings upon me once, Allah will send tenfold blessings in return” (Muslim and others).
- Abdullah ibn `Amr ibn Al-`Aas is reported to have said, “For one who sends blessings upon the Prophet once, Allah and His angels will send seventy-fold blessings.”
- The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “If one sends me blessings once, Almighty Allah will send him tenfold blessings, forgive him ten sins, and elevate him ten degrees.”
- The Prophet (SAW) said “Those who are most deserving of me (my intercession) on the Day of Judgment are those who used to increasingly seek Allah’s Blessing for me” (At-Tirmidhi).
- Ka’b bin ‘Ujra met me and said, “Shall I give you a present? Once the Prophet (saw) came to us and we said, ‘O Allah’s Apostle! We know how to greet You; but how to send Salat upon you?’ He said ‘Say: O Allah! Send your greetings (Salawat) on Muhammad and his family, the same way as You sent Your Salawat on Abraham’s family. O Allah! Send Your blessings on Muhammad and on Muhammad’s family, the same way as You sent Your blessings on Abraham’s family. You are indeed worthy of all praise, full of glory (Bukhari)
Zain Bhikha – Muhammad (Peace be up his soul)
1. Learn a salutation of the prophet.
2. Read abundant salutations especially on Friday.
3. Find out benefits of durood/salawat
Benefits of Durood
Listed below are some of the many benefits a person receives by reciting Durood Shareef:
- Almighty Allah sends ten mercies upon a person who recites Durood once.
- Ten of his sins are forgiven.
- The person’s rank is raised by ten degrees.
- Ten rewards are written for him.
- There is acceptance of Dua where Durood is recited at the beginning & at the end.
- T he person will be blessed with the intercession of Rasulullah (SAW).
- Almighty Allah will forgive his sins.
- Almighty Allah is pleased with him.
- The person will be nearer to the Prophet (SAW) on the day of Judgement.
- The person will have all his worries removed in this world and the hereafter.
NB: Always remember when doing a good deed, have the correct intention/niyyah, do it for Allah’s pleasure with sincerity. May all our good deeds be accepted. InshaAllah.